Our client, a medical device company in Galway are currently looking to recruit a R&D Engineer for their site.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Generate device concepts within the project team to address product performance criteria.
- Develop test models for prototype performance evaluations.
- Build and test prototypes; analyse test data and interpret to identify optimal solution(s).
- Create detailed component and finished device assembly drawings/specifications using SolidWorks.
- Identify and select product materials, assembly methods and define process settings.
- Contribute to the project team to deliver key objectives, meeting performance, time and cost targets.
- Leverage and liaise with external vendors / resources to achieve project goals.
- Write procedures, protocols, specifications, and reports.
- Understand physician (user) techniques and clinical needs (disease state) and assist in developing product training materials.
- Strong design and technical ability based on a broad and deep knowledge of fundamental engineering principles.
- Strong work ethic, creative problem solving, capable of working on own initiative. Excellent writing, presentation, and verbal communication skills essential.
- Honours degree in Mechanical or Biomedical Engineering or equivalent.
- A minimum of 2 years' experience in all stages of medical device design and development (including design with SolidWorks, prototyping, and testing) is desired.
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website - www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval