Telephone: 087 4108620
R&D Engineer: New Product Development
Our client, a manufacturing company in Galway are currently looking to recruit a R&D Engineer: New Product Development for their site.
The company is a leader in the manufacturing of specialty fasteners and are committed to providing quality, value added products and services.
This position requires a self-motivated individual that can conceptualize new ways to solve fastening problems for our customers. Responsibilities include all activities associated with the design and development of new products. In addition, must be able to accept input for a new product from any internal or external source.
- Carry out all design and development tasks necessary to bring a new product to market.
- Coordinate all development activities with Manufacturing, Purchasing, Quality, Finance, Installation and Marketing.
- Develop the testing required for prototypes, pilot production and final customer acceptance.
- Communicate and work with all members of the New Product Development team: both Engineering and Marketing.
- Design of product using acceptable good engineering practices including thorough documentation and following procedures required by our quality department.
- Create and follow a schedule to evaluate and develop a new product.
- Design creative new solutions to problems presented by customers or the marketing department.
- Undertake investigative programs (teardowns) on customer product.
- Support design activity for key customers with calls and visits as necessary.
- Assist Applications Engineering in quoting activities.
- Promote the technical aspects.
- Undertake research to support the learning of new processes, products and technologies.
- Travel up to 40% to support product development, new releases, visit customers and suppliers.
- BS in Engineering or equivalent.
- Minimum of 3 years relevant work experience in mechanical or design engineering.
- Fluent English both written and verbal.
- Team player who works well under own initiative.
- Proficient with Solid Modelling software (Pro/E preferred) and Microsoft Office.
- Ability to manage all activities associated with the design and development of new products.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
For further information on this R&D Engineer: New Product Development role in Galway please contact Edel Kelly on 087 4108620 / email@example.com
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval