Our client, a medical device company in Galway is currently looking to recruit R&D Engineer for their site.
The R&D Engineer is responsible for developing and delivering complex acute ischemic stroke projects with significant technical challenges. Responsible for various aspects of the projects, including process development, design development, implementation of new equipment/automation and new product introduction.
- Generate device concepts within the project team to address product performance criteria.
- Develop test models for prototype performance evaluations.
- Build and test prototypes; analyse test data and interpret to identify optimal solutions to technical challenges.
- Create detailed component and finished device assembly drawings/specifications using SolidWorks.
- Identify and select product materials, assembly methods and define process settings.
- Contribute to the project team to deliver key objectives, meeting performance, time and cost targets.
- Leverage and liaise with external vendors / resources to achieve project goals.
- Write procedures, protocols, specifications, and reports.
- Understand physician (user) techniques and clinical needs (disease state) and assist in developing product training materials.
Behaviours & Skills:
- Strong design and technical ability based on a broad and deep knowledge of fundamental engineering principles.
- Strong work ethic, creative problem solving, capable of working on own initiative.
- Excellent writing, presentation, and verbal communication skills essential.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Honours degree in Mechanical or Biomedical Engineering or equivalent.
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in all stages of medical device design and development (including design with SolidWorks, prototyping, and testing) is desired.
For further information on this R&D Engineer role in Galway please contact Bimi Felix on 086 8395533 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – www.hero.ie
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.