The successful candidate will have product development experience and will be capable of delivering innovative new products and successfully participating in cross-functional Technology or New Product Development teams for global continence care related projects.
The successful candidate will be capable of interfacing with colleagues at all levels within the organization and will effectively deliver product solutions which benefit our customers.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Representing the product development function in cross-functional product commercialisation teams from Front End Innovation through to Commercial Launch.
- Design and development of new products, including concept development, high-level design feasibility, prototype development, detailed design, test method development, design verification/validation, shelf-life determination and product commercialisation.
- Application of both new and existing technologies, materials and processes to deliver the optimum product design ensuring the establishment of excellent standards of performance.
- Liaising with clinicians and with customers to understand their needs and to therefore optimize product functionality and performance.
- Preparation of technical documentation in accordance with regulatory and design control requirements and with the company's development processes.
- Developing a high level of understanding of internal customer requirements.
- Conducting sophisticated analysis of data and developing detailed reports documenting results, conclusions and recommendations
- An honours Bachelor’s Degree in engineering or related discipline is required.
- A post graduate qualification in a related discipline is preferred.
- Project Management experience is preferred.
- 3-5 years product development in medical device design is required.
- Experience in medical device design principals, material selection, design concept validation and test method development is required.
- Experience of working under medical device design controls, with proven knowledge of design verification/validation and design/process FMEAs is required.
- Demonstrated understanding of various types of manufacturing, mechanisms, materials, tolerance-analysis and design-for-manufacturing is required.
- Experience of medical device regulations including GMP (Good Manufacturing Practices), QSR (Quality Systems Regulations) and ISO quality requirements is preferred.
- Strong initiative and follow through in executing project responsibilities, overcoming obstacles and balancing multiple priorities effectively through strong technical and/or project leadership experience is required.
- A demonstrated track-record of being part of successful cross-functional product development teams is required.
- Excellent problem solving, decision making and root cause analysis skills are required.
- The ability to effectively communicate concepts, ideas and knowledge to all levels of the organisation is required.
- Proficiency with MS Office suite is required.
- Proficiency with CAD software is preferred.
For further information on this R&D Engineer role in Mayo please contact Amanda Reynolds on 0860468858/ firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – https://www.hero.ie/
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.