R&D Engineer Galway
I am currently on the lookout for an R&D Engineer for a leading medical device company based in Galway. Our client offer a wide range of innovative practices and continually strive to achieve every day. The R&D Engineer will work in a cross functional R&D team in developing the company's portfolio of exciting and innovative new products.
This key position within the Design Services group will enable the successful candidate to demonstrate their broad range of research and development skills in a fast paced dynamic environment. In working on these exciting R&D projects the successful candidate will have the opportunity to work with other cross functional team members and dovetail into all different elements of taking a product form concept through to commercialisation. Based out of the Galway facility the successful candidate will report to the R&D Project Manager.
- Work on elements of the R&D of projects from concept generation through to design verification.
- Assist the Project Manager with the development of intellectual property generated through the R&D activities.
- Implement leading and cutting edge technologies to provide the optimum design solution.
- Design of concepts and prototypes in advance of selecting the most promising solution to take into Design Freeze.
- Carry put Design Freeze & Design Verification testing in accordance documented plans and protocols.
- Support the Project Manager in liaison with the company's network of Key Opinion Leaders to provide clinically relevant feedback on product designs.
- Liaise with the customer to optimise product design.
- An engineering degree or equivalent.
- 3+ years' industry experience in a medical product development environment.
- Demonstrate product design and development experience, including experience of design review and quality procedures.
- 3 years' experience of Medical Device design development and experiences of parallel design for manufacture.
- Experience of compiling FMEA's and conducting verifications and validations for medical devices products and processes.
- Experience with engineering tools such as DOE and SPC, and ideally experience using Minitab.
- Experience of development of test methods and associated product testing.
- Understanding of polymer materials and selection in medical device design would be an advantage.
If you're free for a quick chat to discuss my client and their R&D Engineer role in Galway, then please contact me on 091730022 or email@example.com
I look forward to hearing from you - Anthony Cummins, Engineering Recruitment Consultant
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website - www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval