Telephone: 091 730022
Our client, a medical device company in Galway are currently looking to recruit a R&D Engineer for their site.
Minimum 12-month contract role. The engineer will design, develop and evaluate medical devices.
Use structured engineering and statistical techniques to design/evaluate new products and product concepts, improve existing products/processes whilst adhering to project deadlines and budgets.
Role & Responsibilities
- Design, set-up and report on experiments to evaluate new product concepts and/or processes.
- Compile and analyse test data to establish performance of products/processes
- Actively involved in specifying, sourcing, testing and approving material
- Prepare and lead critical technical design reviews, including preparation and
- Presentation of supporting design documents
- Project manage transfer of products from concept/design phase to commercial manufacturing
- Create and maintain design-related technical notes (notebooks, protocols, validations,
- Manufacturing documents, etc.) Building a complete design history file
- Manage and prepare engineering test protocols and reports
- Support product site transfer projects
- Work closely with manufacturing engineers to continually develop processes in relation to
- Yield, overheads and labour efficiency
- Qualified to degree level in engineering, science or related discipline with a minimum of 4 years relevant experience
- Knowledge of catheter manufacturing processes essential
- Strong mechanical design skills
- Knowledge of material properties
- Experience with design control and ISO1348
- Strong project management and leadership skills essential
- Experience with risk management
- Good working knowledge in statistical process control and capability analysis
- Strong computer Skills in MS Word, Excel, Outlook, Project, etc.
- Technical drawing experience essential
- Influential team member, fully motivated to achieve and demonstrate best practices in line with the department company objectives
For further information on this R&D Engineer role in Galway please contact Anthony Cummins on 091 730022 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website - www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval