Telephone: 086 8395533
R&D Engineer – Product Design
Our client, a medical device company in Galway is currently looking to recruit an R&D Engineer for their site.
This provides intermediate engineering support for existing or new products focusing in product design. In this position, the R&D engineer develops their professional expertise while making effective contributions to the business.
Employees are expected to support the quality concepts inherent in the business philosophies including a variety of job related tasks, which may not be specific to this position profile.
- The main function of this role is to support or lead development of new products meeting business needs and through the adherence to internal procedure and regulatory requirements.
- Adheres to Integer core values and all safety, environmental, security and quality requirements including, but not limited to Medical device regulations, Safety regulation, Environmental and Security Management Systems regulation, company policies and operating procedures, and other regulatory requirements.
- Independently evaluates, selects, and applies standard engineering techniques, procedures, and criteria, using judgement in making minor adaptations and modifications.
- Analyses data and makes recommendations for change to products and processes.
- Recognizes discrepancies in results and follows operations through a series of related detailed steps or processes.
- Leads or supports product validation activities, conducts failure analysis and inspection on products, processes and materials.
- Leads or supports building/development of prototypes and test builds through pilot line or the main manufacturing lines.
- Investigates, develops and implements new process technologies of limited scope.
- Prepares product documentation, engineering reports documenting results, conclusions and provides recommendations for next steps as appropriate.
- Leads or supports compilation and maintenance of DHF documentation in accordance with design control procedural requirements.
- Prepares presentations and delivers results to project teams.
Minimum Education And Experience Requirements:
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Material Science.
- 3-6 years’ experience in a similar manufacturing environment.
- Knowledge of engineering theories, methods and work measurement techniques.
- Knowledge of techniques and tools for develop manufacturing products and processes is an advantage e.g. DoE, statistical techniques, sampling size, six sigma, MiniTab etc.
- Proficiency and experience in 2D and 3D CAD Modelling using Solidworks or equivalent is an advantage.
- Day-shift operation, but may be required to change working hours or work other shift patterns occasionally as project responsibility dictates.
Reporting Relationship And Presence Or Supervisor.
- This position reports directly to an Engineer Lead (Senior R&D Engineer or higher).
- Receives supervision and works directly from an Engineering project list.
For further information on this R&D Engineer role in Galway please contact Bimi on 086 8395531 / mailto:email@example.com
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – https://www.hero.ie
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.