R&D ENGINEER IIDescription
My multinational medical device manufacturing client whom are ranked among the top 10 global companies in the medical device outsourcing industry; are recruiting an R&D Engineer II to support the business as it grows and expands its product portfolio.
The R&D Engineer will work in a cross-functional Research & Development team in developing the companies’ portfolio of exciting and innovative new products. This key position within the Product Development group will enable you to demonstrate their broad range of skills in a fast-paced dynamic environment. In working on these exciting R&D Projects you will have the opportunity to work with other cross-functional team members and dovetail into all the different elements of taking a product from concept through to commercialization. You will report to the R&D Project Manager.
- Work on all elements of R&D projects from Concept Generation Through to Design Verification.
- Assist the Project Manager in the development of Intellectual Property generated through the R&D activities.
- Implement leading and cutting edge technologies to provide the optimum design solution.
- Design of concepts and prototypes in advance of selecting the most promising solution to take into Design Freeze.
- Carry out Design Freeze & Design Verification testing in accordance with documented plans and protocols.
- Support the Project Manager in liaison with Creganna’s network of Key Opinion Leaders to provide clinically relevant feedback on product designs.
- Liaise with the Customer to optimise product design.
- Level 8 Engineering Degree or equivalent.
- 3+ Years’ industry experience in a medical product development environment.
- Demonstrate Product Design and Development experience, including experience of Design Review and Quality Procedures.
- Medical device design development and experience of parallel design for manufacture.
- Experience of compiling FMEA’s and conducting verifications and validations for medical devices products and processes.
- Experience with engineering tools such as DOE and SPC, and ideally experience using Minitab.
- Experience in the development of Test Methods and associated product testing.
- Understanding of Polymer Materials and selection in medical device design would be an advantage.
- Annual bonus
- Health insurance
- Life Assurance
- Christmas bonus voucher
- Paid holidays
- Free parking & overflow carpark
- Subsidised canteen
- Sports & Social membership
- Training & development opportunities
- Educational Assistance
R&D, Medical Devices, Problem Solving
For further information on this R&D Engineer role in Galway please contact Amanda Reynolds on 0860468858/ firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – https://www.hero.ie/
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.