R&D FEA Engineer
Our client, a medical device company in Galway are currently looking to recruit a R&D FEA Engineer for their site.
- Together, we will change healthcare worldwide. Join us in our Mission to alleviate pain, restore health and extend life worldwide. Let's work together to address the universal healthcare needs and improve patients' lives, optimize costs and efficiencies, and expand global access. Together, we can make a real difference in the global disparity in care. By providing quality care at the lowest possible cost, we will succeed as a company, and take the future of healthcare Further, Together.
At our Research & Development Department in our company, we focus on the development of cutting edge medical devices in the Cardiac and Vascular space. Our Engineers are directly involved in the development of innovative products for use in medical procedures.
- You will contribute to developing products for use in medical procedures as defined/required by the business needs of the company.
- You will be responsible for engineering with a primary focus on the application of finite element analysis and numerical modelling techniques to novel product design and development.
- You will be a key member of project team(s), collaborating with other team members to optimise the design and safety of the product.
- You will be leading key technical activities within the team.
- You will apply knowledge of materials and testing procedures to obtain fundamental material behaviour data for input into numerical modelling and FEA software.
- You will develop predictive engineering tools, techniques and approaches in order to enhance the product development process.
- You will interface with physicians and distil their needs into product requirements and concepts.
- You will represent our company externally with our customers.
- You will document design/development/test activities as required in Engineering Laboratory notebooks.
- We are looking for a qualified person topmost-graduate qualification level in the application of FEA.
- Experience with medical device technology, ideally in interventional vascular devices, is preferred.
- You have ideally 3+ years' experience of performing FEA in an industrial application.
- You are a dynamic team player and leader and can work effectively and proactively on cross-functional teams.
- You are experienced in the commercial use of ABAQUS, preferably.
- You have a broad materials and processing knowledge, preferably in the biomedical area.
- You have experience of medical device design procedures and proven track record in innovative design, development/manufacturing implementation programs.
- Strong interpersonal, leadership and team skills are desirable.
- You are a good communicator and fluent in English, both in writing and speaking.
- Leadership Expectations provide the framework for what we expect from all our employees- outlining the actions and behaviours we must develop and demonstrate in pursuit of our Mission and global growth goals.
- We are committed to being experts in what we do, with a clear vision of where we are going and the plan to get there.
- Demonstrates Global Business Acumen
- Thinks Critically and Makes Sound Decisions
- Sets Strategic Direction
- We partner with and involve others, knowing that diverse talent, skills, and perspectives lead to better outcomes.
- Collaborates and Creates Alignment
- Attracts, Deploys, and Develops Talent
- Fosters Diversity and Inclusion
- We are bold thinkers who create new ideas and bring our best solutions forward to benefit our patients, partners, and customers.
- Focuses on Patient and Customer
- Generates Breakthrough Ideas
- Initiates and Leads Change
- We do what we say we are going to do, delivering results with the highest standards.
- Sets High Standards
- Instils Operational Excellence
- Drives Accountability
- Models Ethical Behaviour
For further information on this R&D FEA Engineer role in Galway please contact Bimi Felix on 091730022 / email@example.com
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website - www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval