R&D FEA Engineer
Our client, a medical device company in Galway are currently looking to recruit a R&D FEA Engineer for their site.
- At our Research & Development Department in the company, we focus on the development of cutting edge medical devices in the Cardiac and Vascular space. Our Engineers are directly involved in the development of innovative products for use in medical procedures.
- You will contribute to developing products for use in medical procedures as defined/required by the business needs of the company.
- You will be responsible for engineering with a primary focus on the application of finite element analysis and numerical modelling techniques to novel product design and development.
- You will be a key member of project team(s), collaborating with other team members to optimise the design and safety of the product.
- You will be leading key technical activities within the team.
- You will apply knowledge of materials and testing procedures to obtain fundamental material behaviour data for input into numerical modelling and FEA software.
- You will develop predictive engineering tools, techniques and approaches in order to enhance the product development process.
- You will interface with physicians and distill their needs into product requirements and concepts.
- You will represent the company externally with our customers.
- You will document design/development/test activities as required in Engineering Laboratory notebooks.
- We are looking for a qualified person to post-graduate qualification level (PhD preferred) in the application of FEA.
- Experience with medical device technology experience ideally in interventional vascular devices is preferred.
- You have ideally 3+ years' experience of performing FEA in an industrial application.
- You are a dynamic team player and leader and can work effectively and proactively on cross-functional teams.
- You are experienced in the commercial use of ABAQUS, preferably.
- You have a broad materials and processing knowledge, preferably in the biomedical area.
- Knowledge and experience of modelling Nitinol devices is desired.
- You have experience of medical device design procedures and proven track record in innovative design, development/manufacturing implementation programs.
- Strong interpersonal, leadership and team skills are desirable.
- You are a good communicator and fluent in English, both in writing and speaking.
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website - www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval