I am searching for an R&D Labelling Technician III for my MNC medical device manufacturing client to join their Galway site on a permanent basis.
The Labelling Technician will combine packaging and graphics responsibilities. They will interface with Packaging Engineers to develop, evaluate and commercialize product, while driving completion of packaging and labelling activities. Responsible for packaging development, the coordination and creation of the packaging and labeling artwork as well as the supporting functions for review and approval of artwork and content. Works to assure all packaging deliverables and labeling are correct and follows applicable quality system and regulatory requirements.
- This individual will be responsible for the design and co-ordination of packaging & labelling activities for New Product Development (NPD) and Sustaining Engineering (SE) of legacy product packaging and labelling. This will include product package design, product labels, DFU’s (Direction for Use) and packaging specifications. Some knowledge of EU MDR requirements would be an advantage.
- Works to assure all packaging labeling deliverables are correct and follows applicable quality system and regulatory requirements.
- Work independently to plan activities necessary to meet timelines.
- Coordination and creation of the data to the labeling database and labeling format using corporate labeling software.
- Some knowledge of symbol requirements for ISO 15223: 2016 for customers requiring labelling for medical devices would be an advantage
- Creation, change and control of labelling and packaging components to support R&D in the plant.
- Responsible for coordination/creation of label templates and the formatted Directions for Use with the Corporate Run Team or on site design.
- Liaise with vendors on specifications for package and label components
- Communicate to Teams and Management on the progress of labelling and packaging projects
- Liaise with Sister divisions to ensure a consistent approach to labelling and packaging
- Communicate with various departments within BSC on packaging related projects
- Build Quality into all aspects of work by maintaining compliance to all quality requirements
- Liaise with various translation companies for the translation of text used in all labelling and packaging components
- Good understanding of Packaging & Labelling Design Element requirements within a regulated industry
- Bachelors (Hetac Level 8) in relevant discipline
- Three to five years' experience in a Medical Device or other regulated industry
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – https://www.hero.ie/
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.