Telephone: 086 8395533
Our client, a manufacturing company in Galway are currently looking to recruit a R&D Manager for their site.
- The R&D Manager will be responsible for new product development, product improvements, product modifications, initiating research and providing a high level of services.
- The successful candidate will have responsibility for the R&D department, through strong leadership the R&D Manager will guide the team ensuring projects are delivered on time, while working with the management team to grow the business through innovation and industry best practice always ensuring the highest level of quality and safety are achieved.
- Plan, budget, track and execute new product development activities
- Drive and lead project management activities (e.g. User needs, project planning, tracking, risk management, prioritisation, reporting, communications etc.)
- Continuously monitor project performance against resource, timing, budget, risk and results
- Ensure alignment of projects and programs with business strategy; also initiate proposals based on customer feedback, opportunities for improvement, new trends and technologies.
- Monitor and evaluate actual performance versus plan and determine improvements to drive enhanced performance and department effectiveness.
- Liaising with Sales & Marketing to support the commercialisation of new products
- Management of the R&D team to deliver projects on time in line with business needs
- Carry out feasibility studies and evaluate the commercial benefit of potential projects
- Provides guidance and training to staff, assist subordinates in attaining career goals, and motivate individuals to achieve results, and recruit / maintain a high quality of staff.
- Develop and maintain department processes in line with Industry best practice.
- Ensure that engineering staff are motivated and engaged through the process of regular coaching and performance management, and that individual development plans meet individual and group development needs in alignment with the demands of the business.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Bachelor Degree (L8) in relevant engineering discipline, preferably Mechanical. Master’s degree an advantage.
- 8-10 years of direct engineering experience along with experience of leading teams working on multiple projects to a high standards of excellence.
- Experience with polymer processing technologies and polymer materials
- Knowledge of tooling technologies along with engineering workshop equipment
- Results driven and able to deliver with proven track record
- Excellent oral communication and presentation skills (written, verbal and visuals).
- Commercially aware, able to develop effective project, capital and operational plans.
- Proven people management skills with previous experience in a people management position.
- Ability to deal with and manage change. Demonstrated flexibility and ability to adapt to changing requirements.
- 3D CAD experience with PTC Creo, Solidworks or Similar
- Effectively handle multiple priorities in parallel
For further information on this R&D Manager role in Galway please contact Bimi Felix on 086 8395533 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval