- Adheres to company Values and all safety and quality requirements.
- Manages a team of Engineers and Technicians as they design, develop, and introduce new products and systems to production, both technically and economically.
- Manages the development and implementation of processes and equipment for existing or new products.
- Ensures compliance with company product development process (PDP).
- Maintains process development expenses within project budgets.
- Investigates the use of new or substitute parts, different materials, improved processed, or automation to enhance efficiency.
- Provides appropriate training and development to subordinates to ensure adherence to safety, quality, and technical standards.
- Monitor technologies being used within relevant industries, by both direct and indirect competitors, to help Integer maintain its competitive advantage.
- Responsible for championing continuous improvement initiatives in engineering technology, skills, and tools.
- Responsible for the recruitment, hiring and development of engineering positions.
- Performs other functions as required.
- Supports capital acquisition requests and leads installation/validation of new equipment.
- Leads engineering resources in the creation of new procedures and updates/improvements to existing procedures.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering discipline. MS/ preferred.
- 10-12 years manufacturing and/or engineering experience with 5 years in a technical managerial capacity.
- Previous experience in managing new product introduction to manufacturing.
- Excellent communication and demonstration skills, both verbal and written. Knowledge of Six-Sigma and lean techniques.
For further information on this R&D Manager role in Galway please contact Bimi Felix on 086 8395533 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – https://www.hero.ie
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.