My multinational medical device manufacturing client whom are ranked among the top 10 global companies in the medical device outsourcing industry; are recruiting an R&D/Product Development Manager to support the business as it grows and expands its product portfolio.
You will be responsible for leading a team of R&D Engineers & Technicians in developing the companies' portfolio of exciting and innovative new products. This senior key position within the Device Engineering group will enable you to demonstrate your broad range of development and leadership skills in a fast-paced dynamic environment. In leading the team, you will have the opportunity to work with other Senior Management levels across the organization.
- Lead the team in all elements of the Research & Development on projects from concept generation through to design verification.
- Guide the team in applying leading and cutting edge technologies to provide the optimum design solution.
- Manage the communication with the Project Management Office (PMO) to ensure a timely and optimised product design.
- Build the engineering group skills sets / strength in depth through growth and development of the team.
- A level 8 Engineering degree, or equivalent.
- 8+ year’s industry management experience in a medical product development environment.
Detailed Job Requirements
- Technically steer R&D team members guided by a Staff Engineer across several projects.
- Responsible for the delivery of a robust device design in accordance with PMO plan / schedule.
- Liaise with PMO on project resourcing & project progress.
- Clear lines of communication with device development teams on project day to day activities, technical issues etc.
- Dashboard management and associated meetings to review progress against project KPI’s.
- Management of team members' career paths in accordance with Global Job Framework (GJF).
- Resource planning and management and efficient utilization of resources.
- Providing input into new projects being reviewed by lead review / deal desk / PAC Review.
- Development planning for people to build highly skilled Engineering group.
- Working closely with peers in the Process Development group to ensure collective robust design / robust process.
- Reporting device design and development progress to all key stakeholders and site leadership.
R&D, Management, Medical Devices, Catheter, Minimally Invasive Devices
For further information on this R&D / Product Development Manager role in Galway please contact Amanda Reynolds on 0860468858/ email@example.com
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – https://www.hero.ie/
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.