A leading multinational medical device manufacturing client are recruiting for a R&D Manager in their Galway site. In the R&D department you will be focusing on the development of cutting-edge medical devices in the Cardiac & Vascular space.
The R&D Manager is directly involved in providing high level leadership and direction to an R&D team ensuring the implementation of strategic and tactical R&D activities supporting the Coronary and Structural Heart Business unit.
- Actively mentor, coach, and ensure career development plans are in place for direct reports
- Lead, grow and motivate a highly talented, diverse, world-class performance engineering team
Attract and retain talent in line with business need
- Drive innovation of concepts to support next-generation designs and novel applications in cardiovascular applications
- Grow and nurture cross site and cross functional relationships in a large, multi-site, matrixed organization
- Manage engineers, and possibly other supervisors, involved in an array of product development and technology exploration projects
- Collaborate with core teams to establish objectives and evaluates progress of direct reports
- Generate novel and unique solutions to both engineering and organizational challenges
- Participate at department management level and build strong peer relationships
- Level 8 Degree in Engineering / Science or related discipline, and desirably with 5-7 years relevant direct engineering experience within medical device environment
- Experience of direct management of engineers is a distinct advantage
- Excellent team building, communication, people management and leadership skills are desirable
- A strong communicator and fluent in English, both in writing and speaking
- A dynamic team player and leader and can work effectively and proactively on cross-functional teams
For further information on this R&D Manager role in Galway please contact Deirdre Finnerty on 086 3073779/ firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – https://www.hero.ie/
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.