Our client a leading diagnostic company located in County Clare is recruiting for a Manager of Development Science. The purpose of the role is to lead R&D project teams with accountability for significant technical Clinical Chemistry projects in the company. This includes setting project direction, planning, goals, milestones and ensuring project deliverables meet strategic corporate objectives.
- Development of clinical chemistry reagents, including 3rd party reagent applications, for use on the company’s existing portfolio of products.
- Co-ordinate with other sister sites in the development and verification of new instruments to support critical design specifications related to assay technology
- Develop extensive project plans using project management tools for delivery to agreed targets and timelines; accountable for meeting CPM due dates and implementation of necessary countermeasures
- Conduct thorough investigations on project impediments and recommend innovative solutions using best practice knowledge to improve project outcomes
- Oversee project budgets ensuring they are managed within guidelines; Support R&D tax credit applications
- Ensure that projects/activities comply with all relevant company policies and procedures, in particular those laid down in FDA, QSR, ISO/IVD and EHS regulations
- Leads and motivates direct reports to achieve personal development; sets impactful development objectives; provides stretch assignments to develop talent
- Provide technical and managerial guidance to individual contributors and supervisors; provide informal and formal feedback to project/core teams
- Provide technical input as the SME to R&D and Operations departments on clinical chemistry reagents as required to resolve technical issues
- Implement and maintain visual daily management and other DBS tools to drive productivity and project delivery; ensure that project targets are monitored and reported in line with project timelines and company expectations
- Enables constructive collaboration between disciplines and functional areas; has strong understanding of related disciplines and functional areas
- Drives innovation and continuous improvement initiatives through the use of delegation and associate empowerment
- Communicates effectively across functions and manages relationships with other sites and external partners; promotes interactions between disciplines and departments; removes obstacles to teamwork and collaboration
- Develop and maintain relationships with OEM suppliers for controlling and improving the quality of current reagents
- Ensures strong emphasis on customer, both internal and external
Education and Experience required:
- Bachelor’s Degree with 9+ years in Science/Diagnostic Industry or Master’s/Doctoral Degree with 7+ years in Science/Diagnostic Industry
- Experience with development and use of clinical chemistry reagents
- Experience with application programs on clinical chemistry analysers
- Experience with the management and leadership of technical teams
- Extensive knowledge of design change documentation and change management systems
- Extensive program and personnel management experience in the Diagnostic industry.
For further information on this Manager role in Clare please contact Helga Reeves on 086 8168298/ email@example.com
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – https://www.hero.ie/
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.