Our client a medical device company in Galway are currently looking to recruit a R&D Manager / Devices Prototypes Manager for their site.
The Devices Prototype Manager (DPM) will report to Devices R&D Manager. The DPM is responsible for management and completion of projects to the agreed customer scope, for the coordination and Technical leadership of multi-functional team(s) and will also be required to manage, coach, mentor and develop personnel on team and within the Devices group.
The DPM will have good product technology, process technology as applied in catheters and be knowledgeable in the design and development design control process and overall product development cycles.
The DPM will have excellent organisational and planning skills, will be a strong communicator and will work closely with customers. Customers will vary from small start-up to large OEM’s so experience working in both environments is essential.
- He / She ensures through clear communication with the customer, that both explicit and implicit customer requirements are well understood and taken into account.
- Customer management: The DPM will have responsibility?for customer interaction specific to the project and is consulted on functional issues that could affect the relationship. The ability to cultivate strong working commercial relationships is an important aspect of the role.
- The DPM will be required to Technically lead a core team of Engineering resources; this includes coaching and coordinating the project team in pursuit of project objectives, including time management, resource management and project risk management and will lead the service delivery requirements (OTIF) for the Prototype group.
- He / She will be responsible for the technical leadership and deliverables for the project, will communicate project status, performance and risks to the Projects group lead.
- Will manage the project scope (Schedule, cost, quality), change request management and technically lead the respective projects.
- The DPM will lead project team(s) to deliver project(s) against agreed milestones with our customers
Other responsibilities include:
- Contribute to business development opportunities including customer visits (including foreign travel) as well as proposal development and generation and technical review of opportunities.
- Participate and contribute to ongoing efficiency and improvement programs and make recommendations on future technical capability growth.
- Partner with customers, suppliers, vendors and internal cross-functional teams to deliver project goals. Build and maintain a network of relationships in all Functions (R&D, Sales, Finance, Purchasing, Quality and manufacturing).
- Ability to maintain multiple projects simultaneously is essential.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, in particular focusing on working with customers and the leadership of teams. The person will have previous exposure to working with and meeting customer & sales expectations.
- In-depth knowledge of a broad range of Minimally Invasive Catheters, their construction and application.
- 10+ years experience in medical devices, with exposure to medical devices & catheter technology a distinct advantage.
- Bachelors or Masters in Engineering/Science or similar technical field from an accredited college or university
- The ideal candidate will have experience in the design of composite shafts and their manufacturing processes, including:
- Laser cutting, Braiding, Coiling, welding, coating and Catheter assembly methods.
- Braiding, coiling, lamination and tipping.
- Knowledge of their end use invasive procedures.
- Building Effective Teams
- Motivating Others
- Managing and Measuring Work
- Values: Integrity, Accountability,Teamwork, Innovation
- SET : Strategy, Execution, Talent (for managers)
For further information on this Engineering role in Galway please contact Bimi Felix on 0868395533 firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website - https://www.hero.ie/
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.