Job Title: R&D Manager / Product Development
Our client a medical device company in Galway are currently looking to recruit a Senior Product Development Engineer for their site.
The role involves working closely with the prototype manager, customers and internal stakeholders to develop prototype solutions for new and novel applications. You will be the lead technical engineer for the portfolio of prototypes currently being produced in Galway.
The R&D Product Development Manager will be responsible for leading a team of R&D Engineers & Technicians in developing portfolio of exciting and innovative new products. This senior key position within the &D Engineering group will enable the successful candidate to demonstrate their broad range of development and leadership skills in a fast-paced dynamic environment. In leading the team, the successful candidate will have the opportunity to work with other Senior Management levels across the organization.
- Lead the team in all elements of the Research & Development on projects from concept generation through to design verification.
- Guide the team in applying leading and cutting edge technologies to provide the optimum design solution.
- Manage the communication with the Project Management Office (PMO) to ensure a timely and optimised product design.
- Build the engineering group skills sets / strength in depth through growth and development of team.
- A level 8 engineering degree, or equivalent.
- 8+ year’s industry management experience in a medical product development environment.
- Technically steer R&D team members guided by a Staff Engineer across a number of projects.
- Responsible for the delivery of a robust device design in accordance with PMO plan / schedule.
- Liaise with PMO on Project Resourcing & Project Progress.
- Clear lines of communication with device development teams on project day to day activities, technical issues etc.
- Dashboard management and associated meetings to review progress against project KPI’s.
- Management of team members career paths in accordance with Global Job Framework (GJF).
- Resource planning and management and efficient utilization of resources.
- Providing input into new projects being reviewed by Lead Review / Deal Desk / PAC Review.
- Development planning for people to build highly skilled Engineering group.
- Working closely with peer in Process Development group to ensure collective robust design / robust process.
- Reporting device design and development progress to all key stakeholders and site leadership.
For further information on this Engineering role in Galway please contact Bimi Felix on 0868395533 or email email@example.com
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – https://www.hero.ie/
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.