Our client, a pharmaceutical company in Cork are currently looking to recruit an R&D Manufacturing Engineer for their site in Cork for an 18 month contract.
Under supervision, develops, directs, and executes plans for moderately complex projects that may represent segments of a larger, more complex project. Under limited supervision/guidance, compiles, analyzes, and reports operational, test, and research data to establish performance standards for newly designed or modified products, processes, and materials.
- Works independently to plan and schedule own activities necessary to meet timelines.
- Designs and coordinates standard engineering tests and experiments.
- Designs, procures, and fabricates tooling and fixtures.
- Performs troubleshooting on new products/process problems as related to design, material, or process.
- Applies technical knowledge to innovate, design, and develop processes, procedures, tooling and/or automation.
- Summarizes, analyzes, and draws conclusions from test results.
- Prepares standard reports/documentation to communicate results to technical community.
- Responsible for engineering documentation.
- May train and/or provide work direction to technicians.
- Works cooperatively with process development, quality, manufacturing, regulatory, clinical, and marketing to ensure project success.
- Demonstrates PDP/TPD system knowledge through delivery of high quality deliverables.
- Build quality into all aspects of their work by maintaining compliance to all quality requirements.
- Fully participates in and successfully contributes to project teams typically including the following activities: product design and development, materials and/or product testing, preparation of specifications, process capability studies, research investigations (animal and clinical studies), protocol and report preparation.
- Interfaces with Physicians/Cath Lab personnel to obtain feedback on concepts and performance of new devices.
- Invents/ creates concepts and designs for new products/processes, and submits idea disclosures.
- The process development engineer works on Neurovascular new product projects with the goal of designing and developing capable manufacturing processes from product concept into product commercialization.
- Ensures proper documentation is completed to meet quality systems requirements. (e.g., BOM?s, Routers, FMEA?s, etc.)
- Provides Design for Manufacturability (DFM) input to the engineering print package.
- Contributes ideas to or generates Intellectual Property submissions.
- Oversees development builds associated with the project using special work requests.
- B.S. degree in engineering or applicable technical field (mechanical or biomedical preferred)
- Prior experience in medical device industry preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with good leadership abilities.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong technical capabilities and project management capability to develop aspects of assigned projects on time and within budget.
Up to 10% Travel Required
For further information on this R&D Manufacturing Engineer in Cork please contact Tracy Lenihan on 091730022 / email@example.com
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website ? www.hero.ie