Telephone: 087 2197421
R&D Operations Manager
Our client, an automotive company in Galway is currently looking to recruit an R&D Operations Manager for their site.
- You will be responsible for the development of state of the art DL algorithms providing unprecedented scene understanding, enabling driver assistance functions and automated driving.
- You will be expected to remain abreast of technological developments in the rapidly expanding field of deep learning and its application in automotive.
- Technical management of the team including people management, task tracking and reporting of activities.
- Lead the research and development of machine learning / deep learning projects and the delivery
- Provide leadership and technical direction to the team
- Liaise with project managers to agree resource requirements for projects
- Research and develop state of the art algorithms for automotive vision systems using classical machine learning and deep learning for autonomous driving applications.
- Support Intellectual Property activities and generate Invention Disclosure Memos to facilitate patent applications.
- Contribute to design reviews across algorithm teams.
- Consider next generation machine learning and deep learning techniques with new business opportunities in mind.
- Develop algorithms with a view to implementing on embedded platforms
- Represent the company at various Industry Working Groups and at Conferences where directed
- Support the design and implementation of in-company training sessions in your area of expertise
- Develop and maintain relationship with university counterparts
- Develop relationships with the relevant teams at OEM customers
- Support customer workshops to assess system performance and propose next steps
- Participate in system design in areas relating to computer vision and machine learning functions
Education / Training
- Engineering /Project Management Degree or equivalent
- 10 to 15 year experience in R&D amp development activities
- Minimum 10-15 years People Management Experience
- Track record of successful experience as a Product Development Manager
- Proven ability to deliver projects on time and within budget
- Excellent people management skills
- Experience in dealing in an international Environment
For further information on this R&D Operations Manager role in Galway please contact Anne - Marie Fox on 087 2197421 / email@example.com
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – www.hero.ie
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.