R&D Packaging Engineer (Defined Term)
Our client, a medical device company in Galway are currently looking to recruit a R&D Packaging Engineer (Defined Term) for their site.
- Assists in the development and analysis of packaging and labelling for Medical Device Products. Compiles, analyses and reports test and research data to establish performance standards for newly designed or legacy product packages or materials
- This individual will be responsible for the design and co-ordination of packaging & labelling activities for New Product Development (NPD) and Sustaining Engineering (SE) of legacy products, packaging and labelling. This will include product package design, product labels, DFU's (Direction for Use) and packaging specifications
- Creation, change and control of all labelling and packaging components to support R&D in the plant.
- Translates requirements for ISO 11607-1 & 2:2006 for customers requiring packaging for terminally sterilized products to internal product development teams and packaging personnel supporting these operations.
- Develops and executes validation protocols for packaging related products.
- Liaise with vendors on specifications for package and label components
- Communicate to Teams and Management on the progress of labelling and packaging projects
- Liaise with Sister Divisions to ensure a consistent approach to labelling and packaging
- Communicate with various departments within BSC on packaging related projects
- Build Quality into all aspects of work by maintaining compliance to all quality requirements
- Liaise with various translation companies for the translation of text used in all labelling and packaging components.
- Good understanding of Packaging & Labelling Design Element requirements within a regulated industry
- Bachelors (Hetac Level 8) in relevant discipline
- At least three to five years' experience in a Medical Device or other regulated industry
- Familiar with ISO 13485, FDA Design Control, CAPA, SCAR and audit procedures
- Working knowledge of ISO 11607 and ASTM D6198
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills
For further information on this R&D Packaging Engineer (Defined Term) role in Galway please contact Bmi Felix on 091730022 / email@example.com
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website - www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval