R&D Project Manager
Our client, a manufacturing company in Galway are currently looking to recruit a R&D Project Manager for their site.
- Strong Project Management skills, PMI certification an advantage
- Experience in Medical Devices an advantage
- Flexibility in adapting to different tasks
- Hands on experience and an entrepreneurial approach
- A natural curiosity, collegiate style and engaging nature
- A fun loving, free spirited, and friendly approach who can seamlessly fit-in with our existing people
The day to day:
- Project Management: Manage R&D Design Projects at a micro-level. Work with Electronic, Software, Mechanical and Garment functions to scope out a detailed design, development and test plan.
- Sit on core teams where appropriate. Manage small enhancement projects, encompassing all company functions, under the direction of the NPD Program Manager.
- Assist operations with the consolidation of documents and specifications required for RFQ, prototyping and production.
- Quality Assurance: Maintain product and process quality. Deliver projects within the guidelines set out in the company Quality System. Participate in external audits of the project. Ensure accountability by each team member for the quality of their work.
- Design Control: Manage the R&D design control milestones around design verification and validation, risk analysis and the risk management plan.
- Ensure that the design control documentation is in line with the company quality system.
- Project Teams: Contribute to multi-functional project teams.
- Liaise with other departments such as Operations, Quality, finance & marketing throughout the life of the project.
Where you've come from:
- You should have a university degree or equivalent and similar experience at a mid-senior level working with Medical Devices, Consumer Electronics or Automotive technologies.
Who you are:
- You should have strong Project Management skills
- A willingness to commit self to challenging objectives
- Strong communication skills with presentation abilities
- Proven track record in:
- Project planning and tracking
- Gathering user requirements
- Risk Analysis & Management
- Cost planning and control
- Negotiation & Assertiveness
- Excellent analytical and problem solving approach
- Be passionate, fearless and friendly
- Willing and determined to dig deep, innovate and drive brilliant execution
- Fuelled and heartened by the prospect of joining a wonderful team of people
- We have defined our company values to guide how we work. They are People, Innovation, Customer Focus, Cooperation and Planning for Success. We have also created a list of competencies that support these values and are required at different levels, for every role within our Company.
Interpersonal Skills Advanced
Accomplishments/Results Orientation Advanced
Attention to Detail Advanced
Customer Service Orientation Intermediate
Sales Orientation Basic
Decision Making, Problem Solving & Judgement Advanced
Initiative & Innovation Advanced
Planning & Organisation Advanced
Pressure Tolerance & Resilience Intermediate
Supervising & Developing Others Intermediate
Teamwork/Working with Others Advanced
For further information on this R&D Project Manager role in Galway please contact Bimi Felix on 091730022 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website - www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval