Our client, a medical device company in Galway are currently looking to recruit an R&D Project Manager for their site.
The successful applicant will be responsible for Managing Project(s) and providing Technical Leadership to a team of engineers and scientists in the development of develop acute ischemic stroke devices.
Technical Responsibilities Include:
- Provide technical leadership and take ownership of critical technical tasks in the execution of R&D programmes.
- Develop a deep understanding of the disease state, gather user needs; and articulate throughout the team.
- Translate needs requirements into technical specifications.
- Foster a culture of creativity; generate creative product solutions to address unmet needs.
- Provide leadership to the team in the development of test models for prototype performance evaluations, building and testing of prototypes, test data analysis and interpretation, component and finished device assembly drawings/specifications, product materials selection, and process development. Hands-on approach where appropriate, leading critical activities by example.
- Identify and recommend optimal solution(s) for commercialization.
- Identify and manage key technical risks and appropriate mitigations throughout the product lifecycle.
Programme Management Responsibilities
- Identify critical project tasks, define project strategy, and set team priorities.
- Develop detailed project goals, plans, and budget.
- Manage direct team and across functions to deliver on performance, time and cost targets.
- Report progress across the organisation.
- Leverage and liaise with external resources to achieve project goals.
- Manage project in accordance with quality system ? take ownership of design history file and lead design reviews.
- Identify and manage key programme risks.
- Write and/or review procedures, protocols, specifications, and reports.
- Interface with physicians; evaluate and assess user techniques and develop product training materials.
- Develop marketing materials (presentations/videos/demos).
Behaviours & Skills:
- Strong leadership capability, responsible for leading and managing the project team in the development of differentiated devices.
- Ability to set goals and motivate team to deliver on programme targets.
- Strong design and technical ability is essential, based on a solid foundation of fundamental engineering principles.
- Strong work ethic and creative problem solver.
- Excellent writing, presentation, and verbal communication skills essential.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Honours degree in Mechanical or Biomedical Engineering or equivalent.
- A minimum of 10 years? experience in medical device industry with experience of project leadership, and prior product development experience as a Senior R&D Engineer is required.
For further information on this R&D Project Manager role in Galway please contact Deirdre Finnerty on 091730022 / email@example.com
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website ? www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval