R & D Project Manager - New Product Development
Our client, a manufacturing company in Galway are currently looking to recruit an R & D Project Manager for their site.
To support the commercial team to achieve business growth in line with company strategy, by managing new products through the Company NPD framework, ensuring the on-time
- Honours Degree Engineering (e.g. Mechanical/Electronic/Software)
- Significant Project Management experience within R&D / Product Development arena
- Strong Project Management skills, PMI certification an advantage
- Ability to manage cross functional project teams to deliver projects on-time and within budget
- Experience in Medical Devices an advantage
NPD Project Management
- Work closely with the commercial team to develop innovative, quality solutions based on customer requirements that deliver a significant return on investment for the business.
- Work with Management to ensure all projects across the group are adequately resourced, individuals are not overburdened and that resources are shared across projects in line with group strategy and priorities.
- Plan and track all projects to ensure on-time delivery, highlighting any roadblocks and working with relevant functions / management to ensure timely resolution or escalation.
- Monitor the proper conduct of projects in line with our Quality System. Ensure accountability by each team member for the quality of their work and functional alignment within their departments.
- Work with fellow NPD Project Manager, Senior R&D Manager, and the Management team to continue to develop the NPD framework making it as efficient, effective and user friendly as possible
R&D Project Management
- Manage R&D Design Projects at a micro-level. Work with Electronic, Software, Mechanical and Garment functions to scope out a detailed design, development and test plans which support overall project targets / goals.
- Manage the R&D design control milestones around design verification and validation, risk analysis and the risk management plan.
- Ensure that the design control documentation is completed in concert with the project plan and in line with the company quality system.
- Assist operations with the consolidation of documents and specifications required for RFQ, prototyping / engineering builds, process validation and production ramp / post launch support.
- Maintain product and process quality. Deliver projects within the guidelines set out in the company Quality System. Participate in external audits of the project. Ensure accountability by each team member for the quality of their work.
Academic And Professional Experience:
- Qualification level and discipline: Honours Degree Engineering (e.g. Mechanical/Electronic/Software)
- No. of years' work experience: Minimum of 5 years work experience with 2+ years' experience managing projects.
- Industry Type: Medical Devices, Consumer Electronics or Technology / Automotive
For further information on this R & D Project Manager role in Galway please contact Bimi Felix on 091730022 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website - www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval