You will have good materials science experience and will be capable of utilizing your materials expertise and skills in the identification of new product ideas and the successful development of global continence care related product technologies. You will also have a good understanding of polymers and polymer coating chemistry. You will be capable of interfacing with peers and management and work to support the organization for the successful completion of specific objectives.
- Identifying material development opportunities and help lead technology development projects. Technology development projects involve translating customer needs into technology requirements that are then matched with viable solutions.
- Researching new technologies and developing them into solutions that drive new product platforms.
- Has the ability to become a subject matter expert in polymers and polymer coatings from both a product design and process perspective.
- Provides technical support to New Product Development, Marketing, Engineering and Manufacturing.
- Managing project schedules, conducting product and project risk analysis and ensuring successful and timely completion of project activities.
- Input into financial reports and/or justifications for financial authorization and effectively communicate same.
- Reviewing vendors product offerings to access suitability.
- Support technology development projects both as an individual contributor and as part of a project team.
- Help identify and develop new technologies.
- Managing of timelines and performance expectations for assigned technology development projects.
- Ensure the successful implementation of new technologies into commercial products.
- Sourcing/selecting materials and components and the evaluation of same.
- Working with patent counsel to support patentability/infringement searches and preparation of patent application.
- Minimum of Degree (Honors) in Chemistry or Materials/Polymer Science
- A Masters or PhD in Chemistry or Material/Polymer Science is a distinct advantage
Length of experience
- Degree +3 years / Masters +2yrs / PhD +1yr relevant industry experience preferably in medical devices.
Specialized skills/technical knowledge
- Good knowledge of polymer materials including surface modifications and coating technologies
- Innovation/Creative Thinker – must have a demonstrated ability to conduct exploration of subject areas for novel concepts and approaches
- Demonstrated analytical problem solving abilities
- Good organization and communications skills
- Good team skills a high level of enthusiasm and motivation
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office including MS Project
- Good working knowledge of medical device quality & regulatory systems and medical device directives
For further information on this R&D Scientist role in Galway please contact Amanda Reynolds on 0860468858/ firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – https://www.hero.ie/
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.