Our client a medical device company in Limerick is looking to hire a R&D Scientist for their site.
The Reagents & Assays R&D Scientist II participates in the definition, design, and execution of R&D activities throughout all phases of the product development process for Biosciences cellular analysis systems.
This includes the design of test methods and test strategies, development and execution of formal protocols, analysis and interpretation of results, and communication of results and their impact through written reports, design reviews, and interactive discussions.
The Level II Scientist works closely with systems engineers, marketing and system verification scientists to support the successful application of new technologies and ensure that the system design meets technical, customer, and regulatory agency requirements. They regularly exercise sound, independent judgment and applies systems thinking, problem solving, debugging, and troubleshooting to generate innovative ideas to improve products or processes.
The Reagents & Assays R&D Scientist II role is a hands-on testing and problem-solving role. The Level II Scientist conducts experiments using flow cytometry and applies strong knowledge in scientific principles, immunology, sample manipulation, and/or immunoassays to influence best practice laboratory procedures and study designs.
The individual maintains up-to-date knowledge of customer workflows and scientific advancements in flow cytometry and will be called upon to represent the voice of the customer to product developers and assist with translating the customer needs to product requirements. He/she understands and communicates the broader impact of design features, test methods, and results to the user, customer, regulator, and to the marketability of the product. The individual exercises influence across functions, and contributes to cross-functional problem solving.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Immunology, Cell Biology, Clinical Laboratory Science or another relevant scientific subject
- Minimum of 2 years relevant experience or a combination of equivalent education and experience.
- Experience researching and applying scientific principles to create new or optimize existing laboratory procedures, with a focus hematology, immunology, and/or molecular genetics
- Experience performing statistical analysis and interpreting experimental results
- Ability to apply creative problem-solving skills to novel or complex applications
- Ability to critically evaluate proposed study designs with basic knowledge of statistics, the calculation of sample sizes and/or estimation of statistical power
- Ability to train bench-level personnel at multiple levels of education and/or expertise
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to collaborate with others in a multi-disciplinary team
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to meet technical objectives and solve challenges under conditions of ambiguity and rapid change
- Experience handling and processing blood samples in a Biosafety Level 2 laboratory using universal precautions
- (Preferred) MS degree in Immunology, Cell Biology or in a related scientific discipline
- Hands on experience operating and troubleshooting flow cytometry analyzers and/or sorters, with knowledge of flow cytometry instrument platforms, applications and software,
- Experience designing and optimizing multi-parameter flow cytometry applications which may include: immunophenotyping, apoptosis, cell proliferation and cell activation
- Experience working within a regulated medical device industry with knowledge or experience in FDA submissions
- Familiar with accreditation and guiding agencies for the clinical laboratory including CLSI, including experience in audits conducted by accrediting bodies.
- Knowledge or experience with flow cytometry, applications, and customer workflows
For further information on this R&D Scientist II role in Limerick please contact Clara Burke on 086 8168273/ email@example.com
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – https://www.hero.ie
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.