Telephone: 086 8168298
R&D Senior Engineer
Our client, a medical device company in Galway are currently looking to recruit a R&D Senior Engineer for their site.
- We are global organization that strives without reserve to provide best in class packaging engineering solutions to our customers.
- Our team supports a broad array of R&D project activity in the Cardiac and Vascular Space.
- Our Engineers are directly involved in the development of innovative packaging solutions that drive competitive advantage.
- Our team is directly connected with the R&D organization from concept thru to commercial realization for a global market place.
- This Senior Engineer will partake with a development team providing direction thru customer needs; concept iteration, final design and qualification of an entire system in the Cardiac & Vascular space.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Continually identify and assess opportunities for product, technology & process development
- Provide technical leadership in design & development of packaging concepts across our key businesses
- Lead technical deliverables with application of solid modelling & predictive engineering tools to mitigate risk with package design.
- Technical Material analysis in the area of sterile barrier design to meet the associated distribution environments
- Technical knowledge in the area of pouch and thermoformed tray manufacture.
- Rigorous engineering analysis during design development to allow for smooth transition of Packaging and Labelling (P&L) deliverables throughout the Product Development Process
- Technical level communication and integration across R&D Development Team
- Application of Voice Of Customer thru Galway Customer Innovation Center & via Cat Lab interaction.
- Strong project management execution skills
- Provide Leadership and direction to a core recourse pool (P&L) in driving Packaging engineering deliverables.
- Participate actively with a broad array of Vendors.
- Monitor specific in country regulations as they apply to Packaging Materials and Processes.
- Evolve best practices for packaging qualification of programs against required International standards for both PDP & Process Qualification
- Provide direct input to Sterilization Methods and process changes, with particular input on impacts from a Packaging perspective.
- Continually contribute to generation of intellectual property
- Understand and comply with Company Guidelines and Regulations
- We are looking for a qualified person to Degree level L8 in Engineering/Science or a related discipline, Masters desirably, with
- Five (5) years relevant experience in the medical device R&D sector.
- Packaging engineering experience preferable but not essential for this role.
- You are a team player with strong communication, both written and spoken, and high collaboration/engagement skill set. You have a patient/customer focused orientation.
- You have a proven design & development competency in a R&D focused organization.
- You set high standards and are driven to execute in a highly focused team dynamic.
- You are attention to detail oriented, with critical thinking and sound decision making mind set.
- You have a high quality and compliance ethic.
For further information on this R&D Senior Engineer role in Galway please contact Niamh Hlubek 086 8168298 / email@example.com
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval