Our client, a medical device company in Cork are currently looking to recruit an R&D Senior Manager for their site in Cork.
Job Description / Information
- Responsible for a portfolio of R&D projects and (product lines, technology lines, market segments) and is the main interface to divisional/BU Marketing and R&D leaders for the portfolio.
- Lead a multi-disciplined, cross functional and cross divisional Research & Development team to meet organisational needs and to capitalise on potential new product opportunities from early concept development through product launch and commercialization.
- Through close collaboration with customers, divisional R&D, Marketing, and global business partners, will deliver high quality and innovative products, technologies and procedural solutions that will enable our client to take market share and differentiate from our competitors.
- Will develop and promote a culture of procedural and clinical innovation, project management excellence and technology leadership.
- Contribute to the development and execution of BU and cross divisional R&D and Innovation strategy, for target disease states and clinical indications related to the development of new products and technologies used for surgical access, bone/soft tissue cutting/dissection and surgical closure/wound management applications.
- Establishing and maintaining strategic partnerships with other divisions or external suppliers. Responsibility for strategic projects outside his/her programmes to develop new business areas or new expertise and competency.
- Partner with divisional marketing and R&D on development of global surgeon VOC networks. Active participation in voice of the customer activities, product/clinical trials, and attendance at relevant healthcare seminars and surgeon conferences.
- In partnership with Marketing, compares and contrasts latest developments and emerging issues in the industry segment, (business and technical considerations). Coaches others on key facts that differentiate offerings from that of the competition.
- Close cooperation with end customers to understand and validate users' needs. Work closely with marketing, surgeons and OR staff to develop initial design inputs and refine prototypes and final product designs throughout the product development lifecycle.
- Supports Business Unit senior management and internal customers to understand the results and implications of research and development initiatives. Will oversee development of R&D project portfolio management, Technology Roadmaps and resource planning.
- Develop and manage new product research development budgets for assigned R&D portfolio, business units and divisions. Compilation and review of annual and monthly R&D department budgets and monthly spend projections.
- Managing one or several large and complex projects with up to 40 people and adhering to time, cost and quality objectives. Managing cross-divisional projects and projects with a large number of external development partners.
Promotes understanding of multiple product and service groups and their interdependencies. Monitors regulatory and environmental issues and considerations. Will train others on functional area related topics.
Build and develop your team through the selection, recruitment and development of R&D project managers and applications engineers.
- Develop career progression paths & development plans for each of your team. Establishment and monitoring of individual and team performance goals aligned to divisional, BU and corporate strategy.
Programme management, i.e. supervising and managing several projects for the programme for which he/she is responsible. Professional leadership of project members, sub-project managers and project managers for the programme for which he/she is responsible. Responsible for your teams compliance with company policies and corrective actions
- Bachelors or Master?s degree required in an Engineering or Science discipline. A qualification in business strategy, technology and innovation management is desirable.
- A minimum of 10 years? experience in a multinational environment, with at least 5 years? experience and a track record in leading technology programs and product development or engineering teams is essential.
- Knowledge of existing and planned market and market-related initiatives from the perspective of the competition, suppliers, the customer base and the regulatory environment and ability to apply this knowledge appropriately to diverse situations.
- Knowledge of the organization?s visions, structure, culture, philosophy, operating principles, values, and code of ethics, ability to apply this understanding appropriately to diverse situations.
- Ability to contribute to operational, tactical, and strategic planning in support of the overall business plan. The ability to review and critically assess patents and other forms of intellectual property is vital.
- Demonstrated project management skills with capacity to lead, plan, organize, and implement multiple concurrent projects and multi-site initiatives. Knowledge of and ability to plan and administer budgets.
- Must have a good understanding of anatomy and product testing methodologies. Excellent interpersonal and presentation skills with an ability to communicate with marketing and customers including surgeons/key opinion leaders on clinical topics and surgical procedures.
- Demonstrated mechanical/electrical design and problem solving skills. Must be able to generate and explain detailed schedules, performance and design objectives
- Capability to build networks and influence at local, divisional and corporate level in relation to business and product portfolio decisions and new technology investments and also with external agencies and development partners.
In depth understanding of ISO & FDA quality system requirements and international regulatory requirements and pathways for medical devices
For further information on this R&D Senior Manager role in Cork please contact Roisin McNamara on 091730022 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out all our open jobs on our CCP Recruitment website ? www.ccprecruit.ie
Please Note: CCP Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval