Our client, a medical device company in Galway is currently looking to recruit a R&D/ Design Engineer for their site.
The R&D Engineer (research and development engineer) will work in Advanced R&D which focuses on technology and innovation and which is tasked with developing next generation products and technologies within key value drivers for the medical devices business. The candidate will be responsible for catheter component and product design, development and testing. This will also include development of key technology blocks such as process technology, materials development and product testing. The products developed will be in the following areas (not limited to); structural heart access and delivery systems, neurovascular catheters and smart catheters.
This key position within the Design group and will enable the successful candidate to demonstrate their broad range of research & development skills in a fast paced dynamic environment. In working on these exciting Research & Development projects the successful candidate will have the opportunity to work with other cross functional team members and dovetail into all the different elements of taking a product from concept through to commercialization. Based out of our Parkmore facility the successful candidate will report to the R&D Project Manager.
- Work on all elements of the Research & Development of projects from concept generation through to design freeze.
- Design of concepts and prototypes in advance of selecting the most promising solution to take into Design Freeze.
- Use catheter design and simulation tools to optimize next generation product designs and reduce lead time to achieve first off working prototypes.
- Work closely with project Lead and prototype group to develop, build and test next generation product demonstrators.
- Work with both internal and external groups to explore new technologies. Asses in terms of performance, cost and reliability.
- Identify new technology and process equipment, source and procure capital equipment, support installation and lead qualification activities.
- Assist the Project Lead in the development of intellectual property generated through the Research & Development activities.
- Implement leading and cutting edge technologies to provide the optimum design solution.
- Support the Project Lead in liaison with the company's network of Key Opinion Leaders to provide clinically relevant feedback on product designs.
- Liaise with the customer to optimise product design.
- An engineering degree or equivalent.
- 3+ year’s industry experience in a medical product development environment.
- Demonstrate product design and development experience, including experience of design review and quality procedures.
- 3 yrs experience of Medical Device design development and experience of parallel design for manufacture.
- Experience of compiling FMEA’s and conducting verifications and validations for medical devices products and processes.
- Experience with engineering tools such as DOE and SPC, and ideally experience using Minitab.
- Experience of development of test methods and associated product testing.
- Understanding of polymer materials and selection in medical device design would be an advantage.
For further information on this Design Engineer role in Galway please contact Bimi Felix on 086 8395533 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – https://www.hero.ie
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.