Telephone: 086 8395533
R&D Sustaining Engineering - Engineer II
Our client, a medical device company in Galway are currently looking to recruit a R&D Sustaining Engineering - Engineer II for their site.
Maintain and develop products of moderate complexity. Under limited supervision/guidance, compiles, analyses, and reports operational, test, and research data to establish/verify performance standards for modified products, processes, and materials and creates/maintains design-related technical notes building a complete design history.
- Use of design change process to ensure proposed changes are systematically and thoroughly analysed before beginning the change process. Whenever product changes are proposed, justification is written or data is collected to verify that the design intent is still met.
- Works cross-functionally with project management, quality, manufacturing, regulatory, clinical and marketing to ensure project success.
- Work collaboratively with manufacturing to reduce product costs through design improvements.
- Interfaces with vendors and physicians where projects require.
- Demonstrates design control knowledge through generation of high quality deliverables
- Maintain product performance through Quality Investigations and ensuring rigorous support for design changes.
- Works independently to plan and schedule own activities necessary to meet timelines.
- Designs and coordinates standard engineering tests and experiments.
- Designs, procures and fabricates tooling and fixtures.
- Performs troubleshooting on products/process problems as related to design, material or process.
- Summarizes, analyses and draws conclusions from test results.
- Prepares standard reports/documentation to communicate results to technical community.
- Responsible for engineering documentation.
- Invents/creates concepts and designs for new products/processes, and submits idea disclosures.
- May train and/or provide work direction to technicians and interns.
- May support integration of newly acquired technologies/products in where required.
- Must be able to provide technical guidance within a team and be an effective communicator within a multidisciplinary and international organisation.
- Applies the Technical Development Process (TDP) and Product Development Process (PDP) methodologies.
- Demonstrates a primary commitment to patient safety and product quality.
- In all actions, demonstrates a primary commitment to patient safety and product quality by maintaining compliance to the Quality Policy and all other documented quality processes and procedures.
- Primary Degree in either Mechanical, Polymers, Chemical, Materials or Biomedical Engineering. Min. FETAC level 8
- Strong R&D experience preferably in the health care industry
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with good leadership abilities
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Candidates should have a proven track record of working in a fast paced environment with strong technical capabilities and be capable of handling multiple development aspects of assigned projects
For further information on this R&D Sustaining Engineering - Engineer II role in Galway please contact Bimi on 086 8395533 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – www.hero.ie
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.