Telephone: 086 8395533
R&D System Test Engineer
Our client, an automotive company in Galway are currently looking to recruit a R&D System Test Engineer for their site.
The mission of the System Test Engineer will include creating test specification from System requirements and System Architecture documents, building labcar test environments, executing test cases both at test bench and in vehicle. Implementing automated test bench using Labview and TestStand. Working closely with System Test Lead, Software, R&D Project Manager, Hardware, Image Quality, Algorithm groups and customers on bugs found/analysis, testing plans and test reporting
- Review System Requirements Specifications, customer documentation and other project documentation to create product System Integration and System Test specification documents.
- Liaise with the System Engineer & System Architect in defining/reviewing test requirements
- Develop Systems Test Specifications, with traceability to the unique systems requirements to ensure full test coverage of the system interfaces.
- Work closely with the project System Test Lead on latest project milestones and tasks.
- Attend System Test Lead daily 5MM meeting
- Deal with customers and suppliers on a daily basis in relation to project needs
- Design and develop Labcar test bench to simulate vehicle environment.
- Develop test setups to support each individual test case
- Provide test case automation for up to >80% of test cases.
- Work with Vector CAN/LIN/FlexRay tools (CANoe) to develop customized simulation panels for test and analysis of CAN/LIN/FlexRay signal activity.
- Use of Rational DOORS to review requirements, develop test cases, provide linkage to requirements and test report generation.
- Execute vision algorithm testing on test bench and vehicle.
- Execution of System Test and System Integration test cases in vehicles at customer locations if required.
- Verify/validate the customer software releases on Test Bench and Vehicle.
- Participate in customer software workshops on-site and at customer site.
- Bug reporting, providing trace analysis, providing comprehensive test conditions information, support development in bug analysis.
- Develop test bench standardization designs and implementation.
- Understand SPICE compliance for Test Specification development, templates, specification baselining, review records, coverage reports, bug reports, etc
- A relevant Technical Engineering Degree eg Computer Science, Physics, Electronic Eng or equivalent and applicable.
- System Test engineering experience, with a minimum of 2 years experience in a multifunctional environment.
- Executed projects in Automotive Domain.
- Knowledge of ISO26262/ISO15504/SPICE
- Ability to work from specifications to product realization and testing.
- Ability to debug System issues/bugs and report accurately internally and to customer if needed.
- Compile / Analyse / Generate test reports.
- Previous knowledge in building Test Automation Solutions.
- Develop and maintain good professional working relationships, within the test team, other internal departments (Software, Hardware, Mechanical, Project Management) and the Customer.
- Develop test environments for new applications.
- Innovation and development of alternative test solutions to existing applications.
- Innovation with regards to test case development in order to give maximum test coverage thus avoiding issues occurring at customer site for each software release during the development cycle.
- Experience in using communication protocols such as CAN, LIN, FlexRay or CAPL code.
- Ability to use various test tools eg Vector CAN tools (CANoe RUN/FULL CANanalyzer, CANape) and vehicle bus simulation enviroments.
- Programming skills in either C++, C, C#, Python, .NET or NI LabVIEW & NI TestStand.
- Use of IBM DOORS requirements management system
For further information on this R&D System Test Engineer role in Galway please contact Bimi Felix on 086 8395533 / email@example.com
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval