Our client, a medical device company in Galway is currently looking to recruit a R&D Technician for their site.
About the role:
The R&D Structural Heart Test Laboratory is pleased to offer an opportunity to gain experience working in Structural Heart. The successful candidate will be part of a dynamic team of people involved in testing heart valve devices across a multitude of methods; including feasibility, verification & validation, and submission testing. The successful candidate will gain technical experience in relation to testing, equipment set up and maintenance, calibrations, lab systems as well as exposure to working closely with Engineers and supporting daily lab activities.
To perform routine Structural Heart Lab testing and any other activities assigned. To accurately collate tests results and complete necessary documentation. To set-up and maintain lab equipment. They are responsible for ensuring that all testing/lab activities are carried out in line with GLP and GDP requirements.
- Completes testing according to written procedures as required for Structural Heart Projects, including feasibility, verification & validation and submission testing.
- Ensures all Datasheets/Documentation are completed and reviewed in a timely manner with an emphasis on Good Documentation Practices (GDP).
- Takes ownership of the lab area and actively requests customers use the lab as intended, following Good Lab Practices requirements (GLP).
- Provision of excellent service to all internal customers.
- Conducts themselves in a professional manner with an appreciation of our Behavioural Standards.
- Good interpersonal skills and organisational skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Ensure all training is completed as per Laboratory Training Program and myLearning.
- Ensure training records are current and in compliance with applicable regulations.
- Ensures NCEPs, laboratory investigations, equipment issues and out of specification results are reported to Laboratory Management and relevant Engineer(s).
- Assist R&D/DA/PD in solving quality-related problems.
- Complete verification of instruments and equipment where required.
- Maintain calibrated lab equipment and complete introduction of new lab equipment (Class A).
- Assist in writing and updating Procedures and Work Instructions.
- Responsible for maintaining clean and organised workspaces when conducting testing or any other lab activities.
- Compliant to the requirements of governing lab tissue controls.
- Completes assigned activities associated with Lab Systems, NCEPs, Calibrations, PEMACs etc.
- Communicates any concerns about work process regarding environmental impact, health or safety issues to their Manager/Supervisor.
- Perform and assist with additional duties as may be directed by the Supervisor.
- In all actions, demonstrates a primary commitment to patient safety and product quality by maintaining compliance to the Quality Policy and all other documented quality processes and procedures.
Qualifications and Experience
- HETAC Level 6 qualification.
- Good technical capabilities, communication skills, teamwork abilities and initiative.
- Proven ability to work well both as part of a team but also able to work on own with minimum supervision.
For further information on this R&D Technician role in Galway please contact Anna Carty on 086 8168298 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – www.hero.ie
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.