Telephone: 086 8395533
R&D Validation Engineer
Our client, an automotive company in Galway is currently looking to recruit an R&D Validation Engineer for their site.
Communication / Network
- Test service request process, review and analysis.
- Analyse customer specification with the product Project Team Member and quality PTM, challenge the tests requested and define the final validation plan to build the final offer.
- Define the need of specific tools or bench (characterization, reliability...)
- Define also the associated budget.
- Write the detailed validation plan and test specification including both customer validation and also requirements (to achieve quality targets)
- Work in parallel with the project team; contribute to correct the design in order to meet product performance.
- Manage the configuration and logistics of tested parts
- Lead validation FMEA generation for assigned project
- General DR’s for software, hardware & product design reviews, problem resolution, FMEA analysis.
- Manage the planning inside the laboratory and allocated resources (technicians, tools, benches,…)
- Responsible to obtain the specific tools needed for the validation (need specification and follow-up) whenever they are done inside or outside of the company
- Manage the cost of the validation activities
- Familiarise with working system using bench equipment to enable view on delivered product and to understand customer problems
- Carry out all work to comply with Quality Management System and Validation Engineering Processes e.g. ASPICE, ISOTS16949
- Work with Methods & Tools (M&T) team to develop test environment solutions to enable Design & Process Validation (DV/PV)
- Governance of Test setup and verification of test platforms supported by lab operations technical support
- Governance of Test setup of Test script development (using NI LabVIEW / TestStand) supported by both M&T and lab operations technical support
- Governance of test execution as per the specification using lab equipment (using thermal chambers, IPx) supported by lab operations technical support
- Encourage a Safety focus dedicated to maintaining high quality standards.
- Report validation status to the project team and management on a regular basis)
- Generation of test reports, peer-reviews of data and follow up on approval
- Create daily and weekly activity report on project and non project related activities using dashboards made available
- Perform problem management role interfacing with customer, allocation of Device Under Test (DUT) failures to appropriate functions and leading weekly review
- Participate in lessons learned across the various projects
- Contribute to the improvements of the laboratory’s tools such as : instruction sheet, development and validation of test environment processes automation
- Test Efficiency: Minimize test cycle times; Provide work instructions to test houses to enable efficient transfer of test equipment; Support Project team with analysis of failure modes; Implement a robust and efficient automated test benches
- A relevant Technical Engineering Degree e.g. Computer & Electronic Engineering, Physics & Instrumentation, Mechatronics
- Min 3 years test engineering experience
- Proficient in National Instruments (LabVIEW/or TestStand)
- Computer literate in MS Office suite (ECDL)
- Programming in National Instruments LabVIEW and TestStand software - Certified LabVIEW
- Developing instrumentation interfacing over PXI, PCI, USB, RS232 & GPIB
- Broad experience in hardware and peripherals
- Ability to read, analyse and interpret complex documents /schematics.
- Knowledge of automotive electronics systems
- Validation experience with knowledge of test & validation methods
- Knowledge of accelerated life testing
For further information on this R&D Validation Engineer role in Galway please contact Bimi Felix on 086 8395533 / email@example.com
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – www.hero.ie
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.