Our client, a pharmaceutical company in Mayo are currently looking to recruit a Raw Material Supervisor for their Westport site.
The laboratory Raw Materials Supervisor is responsible for the planning, supervision and control of the raw material schedule for all Raw materials. Testing is to be performed in line with Corporate standards and policies, FDA, HPRA and other MOH regulatory requirements. This schedule compliance will be achieved by having a continued “on the floor” presence within the laboratory area actively engaging with, challenging and motivating team members.
This is a list of Core Duties and must not be taken as a definitive list. You may be asked from time to time to undertake other duties, either in or out of your area of responsibility
- Provide Motivation to the team and take appropriate corrective action on individual/team performance where required.
- Hold performance meetings according to company policy.
- Take an active role in the recruitment of team members.
- Update TMS and take appropriate action where an individual’s attendance\timekeeping is below the expected standard.
- Actively participate in the training and certification of new employees.
- Ensure that all aspects of the area of responsibility are fully staffed and that any constraints are managed appropriately.
- Ensure all activities are completed in line with regulatory (QA & EHS) and corporate requirements.
Communication and Data Management
- Provide required date per testing timeline to support product release and the global stability program and Global Metrics.
- Provide team KPI data.
- Attend Departmental, OPEX meetings and Safety Gembas.
- Hold the agreed number of Tier 1 meetings, to assign work and react and deal with issues as they arise.
- Any other meetings as directed by the area Director.
- Provide review and approval of local and corporate documents.
- Work directly with manufacturing facilities to ensure that all raw materials are released in line with the production schedule.
- Work with global\local sites to ensure standards are released to ensure testing is not delayed.
- Facilitate movement of personnel among testing teams in order to ensure that the collective testing schedules are achieved.
- Ensure timely write up and review of data generated within the team.
- Work in conjunction with the laboratory trainer to ensure that sufficient technicians are proficient technicians are proficient in the necessary.
Development of Team\Individuals
- Perform IDPs with the team to develop a progression plan for the team and individuals.
- Testing and Technical Supervisors
- AL & TL associate directors
- Lab Director
- Business Units
- Global sites
- MOH regulatory sites.
Education and Experience/Knowledge:
- Proven track record in direct people management
- Scientific qualification in relevant disciplines
- Knowledge of laboratory GMP standards and regulatory guidelines
- Ability to articulate clearly when dealing with external bodies
- Excellent conflict handling skills
- Relationship Building: establishing excellent working relationships with all functions within the business
- Communication: excellent communication and presentations skills, both written and oral. Articulate the quality requirements in a clear, concise and persuasive manner.
- Planning & Organising: excellent analytical skills. Ability to plan and schedule.
- Decision Making: identify and understand issues, problems and opportunities whilst providing a viable solution.
- Adaptability; Able to work in a fast, dynamic, environment whilst being able to adjust readily to meet unexpected constraints.
- Passion for results: - Drive, high energy, maturity, and ability to work under pressure and deliver results; get things done (an action-oriented approach); overcome obstacles.
- Receptivity to feedback - Receptive to the ideas of others and welcome and accept constructive feedback, display humility where appropriate.
- Culture fit: Have a people centred approach to their management style whilst upholding the values and ethos of the company
- Other requirement (i.e. travel) - Undertake any training or travel that the role may require
For further information on this Raw Material Supervisor role in Mayo please contact Clara Burke on 086 8168273 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – https://www.hero.ie
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.