R&D Engineer I/II
Job ID: JOB-13252
Job Title; R&D Engineer I/II
Location; Parkmore, Galway
Duration: 12 month contract
The client’s Research and Development team has invented breakthroughs that have improved millions of lives worldwide. Creativity, curiosity and a deep caring for human life are fundamental to their culture. That passion for innovation shows–Forbes lists them as one of the 100 most innovative companies in the world.
Joining the client and you’ll be apart of their mission to push the boundaries of science, right from the start. With access to some of the most exciting global technologies, you’ll find the work there challenging and rewarding. What’s more, you’ll be in an environment where your colleagues will truly listen to your big ideas and turn them into results.
The client is seeking a highly motivated R&D Engineer to join the Galway Structural Heart R&D team. Be a part of one the clients most exciting areas of growth. The successful candidate will join a dynamic team in developing products, materials, processes, tests or equipment for medical device products in the treatment of heart disease. This candidate will participate in an interdisciplinary team of engineers working on transcatheter heart valve devices from project concept, through product development and post commercialization.
- Responsible for design and development of next-generation minimally invasive medical devices for the treatment of valvular heart disease. Successful candidate will work as a member of a team within a dynamic New Product Development organisation specialized in transcatheter heart valve system development for commercialization in all major global healthcare markets.
- Under limited supervision/guidance, compiles, analyzes, and reports operational, test, and research data to establish performance standards for newly designed or modified products, processes, and materials.
- Develops new ideas and technologies within an assigned area.
- May co-ordinate activities of a number of technicians in an assigned phase of a development project.
- Develops product, test equipment or process improvements and innovations and is responsible for cost improvement programs.
- Undertakes and successfully completes complex product development tasks including: writing and/or verifying specifications, design verifications and design validations; maintaining product/process documentation; developing test methods.
- Use of design change process to ensure proposed changes are systematically and thoroughly analyzed before beginning the change process. Whenever product changes are proposed, justification is written or data is collected to verify that the design intent is still met.
- Designs and coordinates standard engineering tests and experiments.
- Designs, procures and fabricates tooling and fixtures.
- Applies Mechanical and Biomedical Engineering knowledge to the design, development and sustaining of prosthetic heart valve systems.
- Create/develop technical capabilities and expertise related to the design and testing of heart valve technology.
- Devise strategies for efficient execution of project deliverables and communicates changes in project milestones to key stakeholders and writes project reports as required.
- Interfaces with Marketing, Operations, Quality Assurance, vendors and possibly physicians. Work collaboratively with manufacturing to reduce product costs through design improvements.
- Defines, prototypes, clinically tests and transfers new product to production and supports these product lines on an ongoing basis.
- Leads or participates in a cross functional team to perform troubleshooting on products/process problems as related to design, material or process.
- Promote an innovation mindset, identifies areas for improvement, suggests solutions, and submits patent disclosures.
- Summarizes, analyzes and draws conclusions from test results and prepares standard reports/documentation to communicate results to technical community.
- Able to provide technical input within a large team and be an effective communicator within a multidisciplinary and international organisation.
- Lead and solve complex problems to resolution and solution implementation.
- Understands and complies with complex regulations, including FDA & ISO, governing the quality systems.
- Identify, evaluate, manage, and provide guidance to suppliers, including establishing tolerances and defining acceptance criteria for suppliers related to materials, manufacturing processes and design.
- Evaluates in conjunction with EHS new equipment/processes/chemicals for environmental impact/effect to eliminate or lessen such impacts/effects. Demonstrate a primary commitment to patient safety and product quality.
- Build Quality into all aspects of work by maintaining compliance to all quality requirements.
- Primary or Post-graduate degree in Engineering or related discipline, with 1 to 3 years industrial experience in Structural heart repair or replacement devices and/or delivery system development advantageous. Position requires relevant mechanical/biomedical engineering experience, exposure to design of experiments, specification development, and prototyping.
- Strong ability to interact and collaborate with a diverse range of colleagues including manufacturing, new product development, preclinical and clinical staff.
For further information on this role in Galway please contact Sinead Killalea on firstname.lastname@example.org or 086-1287246
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – https://www.hero.ie/
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.
Data can only be transferred outside of the EEA on the basis of standards contractual clauses, to a country for whom an adequacy decision has been given by the European Commission or where the express permission of the data subject has been given. You have supplied us with your personal data in the process of applying for a position. Our client company may have personnel outside of the EEA who will review you data. We will apply the appropriate criteria in respect of the data transfer depending on the location of those personnel.
Apply Now Job ID: JOB-13382 R&D Manager – Product Engineering / Sustaining Engineering The R&D team are growing, starting exciting…
Apply Now Job ID: JOB-13381 Quantity Surveyor The company is an award-winning and innovative contractor providing project solutions for the…
Apply Now Job ID: JOB-13357 We are a growing medical device company, based in Galway, and dedicated to reducing the…