R&D Engineer I/II
Job ID: JOB-11333
R&D Engineer I/II
My client, a MNC medical device company are recruiting for a highly motivated R&D Engineer to join the Galway R&D team. You will have access to some of the most exciting global technologies and join a dynamic team in developing products, materials, processes, tests or equipment for medical device products in the treatment of heart disease. You will participate in an interdisciplinary team of engineers working on transcatheter heart valve devices from project concept, through product development and post commercialisation.
This role is within the Coronary Therapies group where you will design, develop and sustain products for treating coronary diseases in addition to supporting evolving regulatory and standard requirements around product design.
Maintain and sustain products of moderate complexity in the Coronary Therapies product range. Under limited supervision/guidance, compiles, analyses, and reports operational, test, and research data to establish/verify performance standards for modified products, processes, and materials and creates/maintains design-related technical notes building a complete design history.
- Execute projects in the sustaining engineering organisation supporting Structural Heart products – primarily the non-drug eluting product families.
- Work with project teams from multiples sites to deliver on key operational, R&D, quality and regulatory initiatives
- Use of design change process to ensure proposed changes are systematically and thoroughly analyzed before beginning the change process. Whenever product changes are proposed, justification is written or data is collected to verify that the design intent is still met.
- Works cross-functionally with project management, quality, manufacturing, regulatory, clinical and marketing to ensure project success.
- Work collaboratively with manufacturing to reduce product costs through design improvements.
- Interfaces with vendors and physicians where projects require.
- Demonstrates design control knowledge through generation of high quality deliverables
- Maintain product performance through Quality Investigations and ensuring rigorous support for design changes.
- Works independently to plan and schedule own activities necessary to meet timelines.
- Designs and coordinates standard engineering tests and experiments.
- Performs troubleshooting on products/process problems as related to design, material or process.
- Summarizes, analyses and draws conclusions from test results.
- Prepares standard reports/documentation to communicate results to technical community.
- Responsible for engineering documentation.
- Invents/creates concepts and designs for new products/processes and submits idea disclosures.
- May support integration of newly acquired technologies/products into Boston Scientific Galway where required.
- Must be able to provide technical guidance within a team and be an effective communicator within a multidisciplinary and international organisation.
- Applies the methodologies & systems withing the Sustaining Engineering arm of BSC’s Product Life Cycle Process
- Demonstrates a primary commitment to patient safety and product quality.
- In all actions, demonstrates a primary commitment to patient safety and product quality by maintaining compliance to the Quality Policy and all other documented quality processes and procedures.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Primary Degree in either Mechanical, Polymers, Chemical, Materials or Biomedical Engineering. Min. FETAC level 8
- Proven ability to work within a regulated industry environment and with a track record of accomplishments
- Self-Starter with the ability to work independently to plan, schedule and execute activities necessary to meet project timelines to schedule
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with good leadership abilities
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
For further information on this R&D Eng I/II role in Galway please contact Ciaran Fahy on 087-4108620/ firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – https://www.hero.ie/
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.
Apply Now Job ID: JOB-11974 IT Systems Administrator My pharma client based in County Galway are looking to hire an…
Apply Now Job ID: JOB-11973 Regulatory Affairs Specialist Permanent Job Purpose: As a Regulatory Affairs Specialist, you will be a…
Apply Now Job ID: JOB-11861 Staff Lean/Continuous Improvement Engineer Our client, is recruiting for a Staff Lean/Continuous Improvement Engineer to…