R&D Engineer II
Job ID: JOB-13004
R&D Engineer II
At our Research & Development Department in Galway, Ireland, we focus on the development of cutting-edge medical devices in the Cardiac and Vascular space. Our R&D Engineers are directly involved in working on the development of innovative products for use in medical procedures, as part of the R&D team in Galway.
Come for a job, stay for a career!
A DAY IN THE LIFE:
- You will contribute to developing products for use in medical procedures as defined / required by the business needs of the company.
- You will be responsible for establishing the most effective, reliable and cost-effective processing methods for manufacturing operation.
- You will provide technical support to product and process development and on field related activities such as clinical programs and complaint investigations.
- You will be leading multidiscipline teams in planning and implementing the introduction of new products, in line with marketing plans and undertaking specific projects as designated in support of the business activities of the company.
- You will support the introduction / implementation of product / process / materials changes to the manufacturing operation.
- You will participate in sourcing, testing and approving materials.
- You will effectively represent the company externally with our customers.
- You will document design / development / test activities as required in Engineering Laboratory notebooks.
- You will design, develop, analyze, troubleshoot and provide technical skills during research and / or product development.
- You will design studies to investigate specific life science questions within field of expertise.
- You may be involved in product research and development and / or clinical trials.
- You will translate research discoveries into usable and marketable products. KEY SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Level 8 Degree in Mechanical Engineering or Biomedical Engineering with minimum 3 years relevant direct engineering experience.
- Medical device technology experience, ideally in interventional vascular devices would be advantageous.
- We are looking for individuals with experience in biomedical materials, processing knowledge and medical device design procedures. We are looking for individuals with a proven track record in innovative design, product development and manufacturing.
- We are looking for a dynamic team player who can work effectively and proactively on cross-functional teams.
- Hybrid role with onsite presence 2-3 days per week or when business needs
- We are looking for strong interpersonal, leadership and team skills.
- We are looking for a good communicator and fluency in English, both in writing and speaking.
For further information on this role in Galway please contact Shannon McCrossan on 0868168273/ firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – https://www.hero.ie/
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.
Data can only be transferred outside of the EEA on the basis of standards contractual clauses, to a country for whom an adequacy decision has been given by the European Commission or where the express permission of the data subject has been given. You have supplied us with your personal data in the process of applying for a position. Our client company may have personnel outside of the EEA who will review your data. We will apply the appropriate criteria in respect of the data transfer depending on the location of those personnel.
Apply Now Job ID: JOB-13245 R&D Manager – Photochromic and Liquid Crystal Technology Company Overview: Over 25 years of successful…
Apply Now Job ID: JOB-13243 Senior Quality Compliance Specialist Purpose This role participates in maintaining site compliance of operations inclusive…
Apply Now Job ID: JOB-13235 Manufaturing Engineering Supervisor Location: Clare Great opportunity to to be part of a diagnostics manufacturing…