R&D Engineer I&II
Job ID: JOB-13300
Research & Development Engineer I & II
Reporting to: Senior Research & Development Engineer/Research & Development Manager
- Design development, prototyping, test method design, design evaluation, design reviews, design specifications, design verification and validation, design protocols and reports, transfer to production activities in a timely effective manner.
- Product testing and evaluation, completion of test reports to support design selection.
- Preparation and presentation of design reviews.
- Product and project risk analysis and risk management
- Work with Process Development Engineering to introduce/develop new equipment and production processes as required for any new manufacturing techniques.
- Source new materials components and equipment.
- Development of component specifications, inspection methods, bills of materials and manufacturing processes.
- Introduction of new equipment, materials and technologies.
- Work closely with Key Opinion Leaders (KOL’s), physicians and product managers to develop innovative medical devices to improve patient care
- Project lead for assigned research & development projects including technical and project management responsibly.
- Manage and drive project tasks to ensure timely completion of project milestones.
- Work closely with cross functional groups to achieve project and company goals.
- Product performance evaluations.
- Contribute to innovation and creativity within team through filing of disclosures and patents.
- Hold regular project meetings and document minutes and actions.
- Ensure project milestones are achieved to meet business metrics.
- Compliance with Quality, Regulatory and company policies and systems.
- Regular communication to cross-functional teams, senior management and business unit leaders.
- Project status communications and reporting.
- Remain on the forefront of emerging industry practices.
- Educating oneself in the medical area for which the new devices are being developed in order to have an appreciation for what needs to be achieved with these products
- Support other cross functional groups to deliver company goals.
- Ensure that the clients’ Code of Conduct is considered in all business matters.
Qualifications / Requirements:
- Third level degree in Mechanical, Biomedical, Design, Chemical Engineering or similar discipline.
- 2 Years design experience medical device roles; stent and delivery systems, thrombectomy or atherectomy device is desired but not essential
- Project planning skills.
- Execution of project in a timely effective manner.
- Design documentation.
- Good mechanical design and understanding of engineering fundamentals with extensive medical device materials knowledge.
- Manufacturing design and process understanding.
- Good working knowledge of Solidworks and/or Pro Engineer CAD.
- Strong technical writer.
- Team Player with ability to develop strong working relationships.
- Strong communication and inter-personal skills.
- Good problem solving skills.
- Highly motivated individual, self-starter with a passion for excellence.
- Must be able to work in a fast paced environment.
- Willingness and availability to travel on company business.
For further information on this role in Limerick please contact Sinead Killalea on email@example.com or 086-1287246
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – https://www.hero.ie/
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.
Data can only be transferred outside of the EEA on the basis of standards contractual clauses, to a country for whom an adequacy decision has been given by the European Commission or where the express permission of the data subject has been given. You have supplied us with your personal data in the process of applying for a position. Our client company may have personnel outside of the EEA who will review you data. We will apply the appropriate criteria in respect of the data transfer depending on the location of those personnel.
Apply Now Job ID: JOB-13382 R&D Manager – Product Engineering / Sustaining Engineering The R&D team are growing, starting exciting…
Apply Now Job ID: JOB-13381 Quantity Surveyor The company is an award-winning and innovative contractor providing project solutions for the…
Apply Now Job ID: JOB-13357 We are a growing medical device company, based in Galway, and dedicated to reducing the…