R&D Lab Supervisor
Job ID: JOB-11650
Mechanical Test Lab Supervisor
My MNC medical device client are recruiting for a Supervisor to join their Mechanical Test Lab, which supports products right from R&D concept stage. There are 13 technicians and engineers in the lab and you’ll be supervising half of that team reporting into the senior supervisor. Formerly known as the the R&D/DA Test Lab, the MTL Lab provides support through a variety of areas including but not limited to Design/Drawings, Test Method Development, Reverse Engineering, Standards Management, Material Testing, Engineering Tools and Systems and Lab Management.
- You need to be an effective people manager whom is strong in developing and managing a high performance specialist team of approx. six engineers and technicians with focus on customer needs, compliance, and quality
- You’ll co-ordinate the work activities within the various work teams across two shifts ensuring that adequate resources are available to meet customer expectations
- Ensure all direct reports are up-to-date with their training requirements and that they understand and comply with all other regulations governing their work
- You will take a leadership role in developing and implementing new techniques and initiatives to enhance the lab management systems, constantly promoting awareness of best practices and making appropriate decisions daily
- Lab Optimisation: Manage day-to-day scheduling and sequencing of testing to ensure maximum utilisation of equipment and test resources
- Support equipment maintenance: Qualification status, spares maintenance, safety maintenance, PEMAC adherence, Problem solving, Calibration scheduling, PSV scheduling etc.
- You will be a quality representative for the department in all internal / external audits as functional expert
- Ensure constant vigilance in the laboratory for non-conforming events and develops a culture of transparency, rapid evaluation, and escalation to the appropriate level for such events.
- Develop, maintain, and communicates metrics to appropriate management to help drive continuous quality and efficiency through the department
- Support for the release and maintenance of all associated department procedures to ensure compliance with Corporate Quality requirements
- Monitor and Support lab spend to ensure the department operates within in a set budget
- Develop and Mentor Technicians and Engineers
- Honours Degree (NFQ level 8) in an Engineering/Science discipline
- Minimum 3 years supervisory experience required
- A strong supervisor who has a keen interest in developing their direct reports
- Good technical capabilities, communication skills, teamwork abilities and initiative
For further information on this role in please contact Amanda Reynolds on 0860468858/ firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – https://www.hero.ie/
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.
Job ID: JOB-11736 Senior Quality Engineer – Process Validation A leading medical device manufacturer in Galway is recruiting for a…
Job ID: JOB-11735 Senior Operations Manager Our client a medical device MNC is recruiting for a leadership role in Galway….
Job ID: JOB-11731 Planner/Buyer Our client in South County Galway is recruiting for a planner/buyer to join their team, you…