Job ID: JOB-13245
You will be part of the world leader R&D organization. As R&D Manager, you will lead a dedicated team of scientists and engineers at the Innovation and Technology Centre in Ireland. You will be leading R&D projects to push the boundaries of the most innovative family of products.
Key Responsibilities of the Role
- Manage team (up to 5 scientists and engineers) as part of the R&D Core-Technologies.
- In close collaboration with the Lead Scientist, define and lead the research and development for the team. Discover, develop and implement new technologies products.
- Mentor, coach, and ensure that career development plans are in place for direct reports.
- Plan projects, report progress results, and create and maintain all necessary documentation.
- Work together with the leadership team in R&D to define priorities and contribute to the innovation roadmap.
- Grow and nurture cross-site and cross-functional relationships in a large, multi-site, matrixed organization.
- Manage the network of collaborations with scientific institutions.
- Collaborate efficiently and cross-functionally.
- Ensure a successful transfer of process and product knowledge from R&D to Industrialization.
Prepare and present results in international conferences and internal meetings.
- Master Degree in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Materials Science or a similar technical degree.
- A minimum of 5 years of managerial experience leading R&D teams for new product development.
- Excellent team building, communication, people management, and leadership skills.
- Excellent communicator and fluent in English, both in writing and speaking.
- Understanding of photochromic and liquid crystal technology is desirable
- MBA or relevant managerial experience in R&D.
- Experience developing products within the optical industry.
- Understanding of the fundamentals of applied optics.
- Hands-on with laboratory work and process development.
- Experience with Design Control for New Product Development. Additional Info
- The role offers opportunities for career & technical development as part of the Company’s structured career development program.
- Some international travel might be required – up to 20% Transversal Responsibilities
- All employees have a responsibility to contribute to the Group’s sustainability and in doing so ensure that, we can continue to fulfil our mission.
- All business decisions and actions must serve and be in line with the Group’s sustainability goals and mission.
- An employee must abide by the legal compliance policy in performing of his/her duties
For further information on this role in Co. Galway please contact Johanne Kennedy on 086 440 3725 / email@example.com
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – https://www.hero.ie/
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.
Data can only be transferred outside of the EEA on the basis of standards contractual clauses, to a country for whom an adequacy decision has been given by the European Commission or where the express permission of the data subject has been given. You have supplied us with your personal data in the process of applying for a position. Our client company may have personnel outside of the EEA who will review your data. We will apply the appropriate criteria in respect of the data transfer depending on the location of those personnel.
|mobile||+353 86 440 37 25|
|linkedIn profile||click here|
Production Operations Trainer
Apply Now Job ID: JOB-13678 Production Operations Trainer Job Description: We are seeking a skilled and experienced Production Operations Trainer…
Senior Supplier Quality Engineer
Apply Now Job ID: JOB-13677 Senior Supplier Quality Engineer (Hybrid) Our Client in Galway, a Globally leading Medical Device Organisation…
Manufacturing Engineer II
Galway City Galway
Apply Now Job ID: JOB-13676 Manufacturing Engineer II We are looking to speak with an experienced Manufacturing Engineer about this…