R&D Product Development Engineer
Job ID: JOB-11713
R&D Product Development Engineer
My client are searching for an innovative, R&D Engineer to help them in their mission to create and deliver the most advanced orthopaedic products available in the sector. You’ll be based in Waterford and will develop state of the art orthopaedic devices using novel proprietary materials and technology, that provide clear clinical, functional and economic benefits to patients, practitioners and healthcare organisations worldwide.
- Product/device development at all phases (idea generation through to commercialisation)
- Generation and testing of prototypes and sample products
- Material development
- Manufacturing and process development
- Carry out Design & Development procedures, FMEA, Risk analysis etc.
- Follow project plans in line with company objectives.
- Liaison with Universities, Institutes, suppliers and commercial organisations when required.
- Work to achieve goals and objectives as defined in R&D project plans
- Support operations to source and validate suppliers and ensure necessary materials are available when required for the R&D programme and manufacturing
- Liaise with appointed Quality and regulatory affairs coordinator
- Monitor regulatory issues relating to medical devices under development
- Patents: searching and preparation of patent drafts with validated information and specifications
- Ensure that product development is compliant with the company’s regulatory and quality systems, procedures, documentation, audits, and compliance for CE marking etc.
- Generation and control of documentation for design history and technical files etc.
- Desk top research
- Testing and characterisation of materials
- Biomechanics testing of lower extremity products including gait and plantar foot pressure mapping
- Support Manufacturing team and design transfers to production
- Reporting to the R&D Manager
Qualifications & Capabilities:
- You’ll need a Degree in any of the following disciplines: Mechanical, Industrial design, manufacturing, Polymer engineering, Chemistry, Biomedical or Materials Science
- A minimum of 2 years “Hands on” product development experience, ideally in medical devices, with exposure to product verification and validation procedures and techniques
- You’ll need experience in a highly regulated environment and to be capable of delivering and maintaining momentum to achieve project milestones
- Familiarity with design and development procedures and experience of building or contributing to a “design history file” during product development is a distinct advantage
- Experience in any of the following areas will be considered favourably: textiles, polymers, materials, orthopaedics, drafting, 3D Cad packages, prototyping, biomechanics (gait and plantar foot pressure mapping) etc. Familiarity with industrial robots and programming is beneficial
For further information on this R&D Engineer role in Waterford please contact Amanda Reynolds on 0860468858/ email@example.com
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – https://www.hero.ie/
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.
Job ID: JOB-11736 Senior Quality Engineer – Process Validation A leading medical device manufacturer in Galway is recruiting for a…
Job ID: JOB-11735 Senior Operations Manager Our client a medical device MNC is recruiting for a leadership role in Galway….
Job ID: JOB-11731 Planner/Buyer Our client in South County Galway is recruiting for a planner/buyer to join their team, you…