R&D Product Development Technician
Job ID: JOB-12045
R&D/Product Development Technician (Evening Shift)
Our client in Galway is seeking an R&D/Product Development Technician to join their team on the evening shift. The R&D/Product Development Engineering Teams conceive original ideas for new products, introduce them into practice. They are responsible for product development, and qualification from market definition through production and release; assist in the qualification of suppliers for new products to ensure suppliers deliver quality parts, materials, and services for new or improved manufacturing processes; conduct feasibility studies, testing on new and modified designs; direct and support detailed design, testing, prototype fabrication and manufacturing ramp. The R&D/Product Development Engineering Teams provide all required product documentation including, but not limited to, Solid Model, 2D/3D production drawings, product specifications, and testing requirements. They create and modify detailed drawings and drafting or conceptual models from layouts, rough sketches or notes and contribute to design modifications to facilitate manufacturing operation or quality of product. Typical fields of expertise include: materials, mechanics and systems, electrical, optics, chemistry, software, automation systems, packaging, testing and measurement, and manufacturing of electrical, mechanical and electronic components, products, and their integration into systems. The R&D/Product Development Technician will be assiting with the development of new products, process technologies and providing engineering support to development projects and manufacturing lines.
- Complete prototype building and product testing in association with R&D Engineers.
- Strong ability to run multiple equipment and troubleshoot issues with them during prototype building and product testing.
- Complete process development to support new product development and implement manufacturing lines with the project team.
- Design new/improved Jig and Fixture for test method development and process development.
- Preparation of Manufacturing procedures & training of product builder personnel.
- Prepare and maintain Preventative Maintenance Schedules.
- Define, analyse and control of process variables.
- Support Production team with analysis of line yield and output. Provide weekly updates and highlight yield issues and implement fixes to the line.
- Provide technical leadership and have the ability to motivate and influence production personnel.
- Show customer focus at all times and be accountable for quality and timeliness of own work. Collaborate cross-functionally for the execution of own tasks.
- Support the draft of verification/validation protocols. Execute testing suites included in the protocols, compile and analyse data.
- Support structured problem solving for product/process development issues.
- Draft of health and safety risk assessment for testing and manufacturing procedures.
What your background should look like:
- Level 7 degree in a relevant discipline.
- 3 – 5 years’ experience in a similar role. Key Requirements
- Knowledge of Medical Device development/manufacture with previous work experience in Design an advantage.
- Jigs & Fixtures design and fabrication experience.
- Experienced with all the Microsoft Office programmes, such as Excel, Word, etc. Knowledge of Minitab an advantage.
- Demonstrated experience in lab testing equipment and execution of lab testing: e.g. tensile testing, torque testing etc.
- AutoCAD/Solid works experience preferable.
- Knowledge of design and lean Six-Sigma principles an advantage.
- Knowledge of equipment, process and product validation processes, ability with statistical data analysis.
- Dynamic, flexible approach to work with a results-oriented attitude.
- Comfortable operating within a team environment.
- Motivated to work on own initiative.
- Good communication and organisational skills.
- Proven track record of excellent timekeeping & attendance is essential.
- Previous experience in working in cleanroom environment.
- Knowledge of good documentation practices and technical writing.
Apply Now Job ID: JOB-12164 Quality Control Supervisor Duration: 12 Months We are now recruiting a Quality Control Supervisor to…
Apply Now Job ID: JOB-12161 Network Architect My client a healthcare delivery enterprise are looking for a Network Architect to…
Apply Now Job ID: JOB-12163 Process Technician – Injection Moulding Key Responsibilities: Work with Manufacturing Engineers in developing, trouble shooting,…