R&D Program Manager
R&D Program Manger
Are you a strong PM interested in your next challenge? Our client, a leading MNC Medical Device company are recruiting an R&D Program Manager for their Product Development team in their Structural Heart unit on their Galway site.
You’ll be leading a team of between 7-10 engineers and managing the process of some of the most cutting edge devices on the market from conception, through design to commercialisation.
This role is based in Galway but is commutable from Clare, Mayo or Westmeath.
- Manages one or more developed or mature programs with well-defined program plans and delivery methodologies.
- Solves issues through information exchange, influence and active persuasion without direct exercise of command to gain cooperation of other parties on program execution plans.
- Leads, directs and reviews the work of a team, experienced professionals and/or vendors who exercise latitude and independence in their assignments.
- Is accountable for overall program process, performance, and customer satisfaction.
- Manage, motivate and develop team members including vendors to complete an assigned major program or project.
- Responsible for cost, minimisation of risk and completion of objectives.
- Resolve issues and ensure task completion by establishing priorities and reaching compromise with team members and functional managers.
- Promote problem solving techniques within the team.
- Establish program objectives, timelines, milestones, and budget.
- Responsible for timeline and goal setting to meet overall project objective and design.
- Execute project work plans and revise as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements.
- Identify resources needed and assign individual responsibilities.
- Ensure that programs are managed on schedule and within budget.
- Effectively represent Medtronic Vascular externally with our customers.
- Motivate and develop competent personnel while ensuring staff clearly understand expectations and performance.
- Foster technical innovation in staff members.
- Through effective information flow and interaction, develop harmonious working relations with other functions, and ensure employees within R&D have the necessary information and resources to effectively perform their jobs.
KEY SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Level 8 Degree in Engineering / Science or related discipline with minimum 7 years relevant direct engineering experience within medical device environment.
- Strong proven track record in program management in a regulated environment.
- Medical device product development experience required.
- Technical experience in DOE, Six Sigma , DFM etc.
- Displays Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Competent in Stakeholder management.
- Experience in working with KOLs to identify unmet therapy needs.
For further information on this R&D Program Manager role in Galway please contact Amanda Reynolds on 0860468858/ firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – https://www.hero.ie/
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.
Program Manager A leading robotics company located in Westmeath is recruiting for a Program Manager to join their team. This…
Program Manager Description Exciting opportunity for a program manager within the Infectious Disease Emerging Markets (IDEM) business unit. The Program…
R&D Program Manger Are you a strong PM interested in your next challenge? Our client, a leading MNC Medical Device…