R&D Senior Engineer
Job ID: JOB-13216
More than the opportunity of a lifetime……the opportunity to improve lives
For more than 35 years, my client has advanced the practice of less-invasive medicine. The Company’s
products help physicians and other medical professionals improve their patients’ quality of life by providing
alternatives to surgery. Since 1994, employees in Galway have been at the forefront of some of these truly
innovative medical device designs and manufacturing.
Due to continued expansion of our operations, we are seeking applications from a suitably qualified and
experienced Senior R&D Engineer (Permanent).
About the role:
- We are seeking a highly motivated and experienced Senior R&D Engineer to join the Galway Structural Heart Valve (SHV) Sustaining R&D team.
- The SHV Sustaining Engineering R&D group provide design support to commercial products in many varied projects that ensure safety, compliance and manufacturing continuity of this new product portfolio.
- As the Senior R&D Engineer you will provide technical guidance to a dynamic interdisciplinary team of engineers in the post commercialisation phase of the product lifecycle.
- Responsible for supporting commercialisation of next-generation minimally invasive medical devices for the treatment of valvular heart disease.
- Independently, or as a member of a team, develops, directs, and executes plans for a major segment of complex projects.
- Compiles, analyzes, and reports operational, test, and research data to enable design intent to be maintained on commercialised products whilst also helping provide post launch support by being a source of key product and clinical knowledge.
- Use of design change process to ensure proposed changes are systematically and thoroughly analyzed before beginning the change process. Whenever product changes are proposed, justification is written or data is collected to verify that the design intent is still met.
- Works cross-functionally with project management, quality, manufacturing, regulatory, clinical and marketing to ensure project success.
- Work collaboratively with manufacturing to reduce product costs through design improvements.
- Works with other functions to understand feedback from the market, providing design knowledge input to understand device performance and anatomy interaction, look for opportunity for device improvement and interact with physicians as necessary to optimise outcomes. Interfaces with vendors and physicians where projects require.
- Maintain product performance through Quality Investigations and ensuring rigorous support for design changes.
- Works independently to plan and schedule own activities necessary to meet timelines.
- Performs troubleshooting on products/process problems as related to design, material or process.
- Summarizes, analyzes and draws conclusions from test results, prepares standard reports/documentation to communicate results to technical community.
- Must be able to provide technical guidance within a team and be an effective communicator within a multipisciplinary and international organisation.
- Leads or participates in a cross functional team to perform troubleshooting on products/process problems as related to design, material or process.
- Demonstrates a primary commitment to patient safety and product quality.
- HETAC Level 8 Degree in a relevant Technical Discipline, preferably Mechanical, Polymer, Materials or Biomedical Engineering.
- Minimum of 6+ years’ experience preferably in the health care industry.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with proven leadership abilities.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
Candidates should have a proven track record of working in a fast paced environment with strong
technical capabilities and be capable of handling multiple development aspects of assigned projects.
Apply Now Job ID: JOB-13245 R&D Manager – Photochromic and Liquid Crystal Technology Company Overview: Over 25 years of successful…
Apply Now Job ID: JOB-13243 Senior Quality Compliance Specialist Purpose This role participates in maintaining site compliance of operations inclusive…
Apply Now Job ID: JOB-13235 Manufaturing Engineering Supervisor Location: Clare Great opportunity to to be part of a diagnostics manufacturing…