Our client a medical technology company based in Limerick is recruiting for a Reliability Engineer to join their team. Do you want to be part of a team that develops ground-breaking medical and biotechnology services and devices? As part of the team, you will be on the forefront of creating and developing specialized devices, software solutions and systems to help others.
The Reliability Engineer will play a key role in the product development and product change management process by ensuring proper reliability requirements are established, address by product design and demonstrated by appropriate testing.
- Collaborates with Systems Engineering to establish product reliability requirements.
- Develops project Reliability plans: analysing projected utilization and calculating cumulative effect on system, subsystem, and component reliability.
- Advises and confers with engineers in design review meetings to give reliability findings and make recommendations.
- Develops or assists with Failure Mode and Effect Analysis.
- Collaborates with Test Engineering to develop Reliability Demonstration Test plans.
- Determines number of units requiring environmental, or other reliability testing, to obtain statistically valid data.
- Collaborates with Test Engineering to develop unique reliability test apparatus as required.
- Observes test execution at suppliers or in-house to evaluate reliability factors contributing to the number of, timing, and causes for unit failures.
- Supports Reliability Growth activities, both during product development and for fielded product.
- Determine current reliability evidence (Reliability Planning, Design for Reliability, Reliability Test, Field Data).
- Create/Update reliability test and demonstration plans/protocols.
- Duplicate reliability test capabilities as appropriate in order to evaluate engineering changes in a similar manner to other sites
- Develop other reliability test capabilities as appropriate for RCI.
- Prepare requisitions and justifications for any needed test lab/test equipment (Performance, Durability).
Education, Experience and Skills
- University degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering, plus 5 years of relevant industrial experience in an electro-mechanical environment, preferably medical.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience as a Reliability Engineer
- Formal training in Reliability and Test theory.
- Ability to plan and organize
- Ability to work with little supervision
- Experience of working in a collaborative engineering environment
- Computer literate. Excellent analytical, report writing, and presentation skills
- Understanding of a broad array of electrical and mechanical devices and the technologies they are based on.
- Proficiency in use of standard electrical, mechanical, and environmental test equipment.
- Experience using Reliability Analysis software tools, such as ReliaSoft.
- Knowledge of LabVIEW and data acquisition systems.
For further information on this Engineer role in Limerick please contact Caroline Kingston on 0868395531/ email@example.com
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – https://www.hero.ie/
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.