Telephone: 086 0449473
Our client, a medical device company in Cork are currently looking to recruit a Reliability Lead for their site.
- The maintenance/reliability specialist is the primary owner/user of Equipment History. Through analysis of Equipment History and application of technical skills and ingenuity he/she is responsible for the correction of equipment problems causing repetitive failures.
- The reliability lead will operate within the Engineering Centre of Excellence and will work closely with colleagues within the IPT (Integrated Production Team). He/she will provide expert advise on improving equipment reliability and will act in a consultative fashion to assisting with equipment repeat issues.
- In addition to providing expertise on equipment reliability this person will also act as a point of contact for providing advice and determining best practice in the field of statutory inspections and maintenance practices. The reliability lead will lead a small team of engineers (approx. 3) in delivering the site reliability strategy and assisting in the roll out of the site maintenance strategy.
- Develops engineering solutions to repetitive failures and other maintenance problems.
- Identifies and corrects repetitive and costly equipment problems.
- Analysis of Equipment History to assure effectiveness of all maintenance efforts.
- Drives Preventative Maintenance program such as vibration, thermography and other predictive analyses and interpretation of results.
- Site SME for reliability and maintenance best practices.
- Site principle point of contact for above site Reliability Centre of Excellence.
- Represents the site at monthly reliability forums.
- Reduces and improves maintenance work wherever feasible; assuring efficient and reliable operation of plant, process and equipment while protecting and prolonging the economic life of plant assets at optimal cost.
- Looks outside of the site to engage with other sites and industries to improve equipment reliability by implementing solutions.
- Remains abreast of and applies advancing maintenance technology as applicable.
- Coordinates with planner/scheduler to ensure that PM/PdM services and inspections are scheduled and performed when due, and that resultant corrective work is promptly performed.
- Engages with craft teams to understand root causes of repeated equipment failures.
- Professionally and systematically defines, designs, develops, monitors and refines the preventive/predictive maintenance process in pursuit of optimization and minimal failure rate.
- Works with Project Engineering to ensure the maintainability of new and modified installations.
- Ensure all equipment required for annual statutory inspections/certification is included within the site asset register.
- Review equipment reports from statutory inspections and take ownership for implementing corrective actions.
- Comply with the current MMD Quality and EHS Management System requirements, as relevant to the supporting operations.
- 5+ Yrs. working in a similar role within the bio Pharma industry.
- Experience of working within a maintenance function within another industry an advantage.
- 2+ Yrs. experience working as a site maintenance engineer.
- Good Written and verbal communication skills.
- Identify key stakeholders and develop a relationship of trust.
- Interact with above site personnel to understand changes and promote the site.
- Solid engineering acumen.
- Demonstrated capability to communicate effectively across multiple teams
- Solid business acumen.
- Degree qualification (Engineering).
- Chartered Engineer.
- Lean Six Sigma qualification or experience of application of Lean principles is an advantage.
For further information on this Reliability Lead role in Cork please contact Anne Gough on 086 0449473 / email@example.com
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval