Our client, a medical device company in Mayo are currently looking to recruit a Research and Development Technician for their site.
The successful candidate plays an integral role, working with Research and Development Scientists and Engineers, in the integration of new technologies, methods and/or processes. The successful candidate will be capable of utilizing the incumbent?s materials knowledge to conduct material and product testing, basic analysis of test data and technology development initiatives, and suggest innovative ways to meet the needs of their R&D team.
- The successful candidate will have responsibilities for:
- Conduct material and product testing in a methodical and accurate way to capture the results of testing in accordance with Good Manufacturing Practice.
- Develop product prototypes to facilitate concept development and product innovation.
- Investigate and test new materials including competitor product testing
- Analyse and evaluate new/alternative testing methodologies and provide recommendations for improvements
- Provide technical support to NPD, Global Marketing, Engineering and Manufacturing.
- Support the R&D team, execute development and investigative plans and assignments, communicate observations and outcomes on a timely basis.
- Manage setup and maintenance of Laboratory Equipment
- National Diploma (Ordinary Degree Level 7) in a technical or scientific related discipline.
- Ordinary Degree - 4+ years relevant industry experience preferably in medical devices, hygiene or packaging industries.
- Honors Degree ? 2+ years relevant industry experience preferably in medical devices, hygiene or packaging industries.
Specialized skills/technical knowledge
- Manufacturing tooling experience and prototype development.
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to test products and materials in a methodical and accurate way.
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD and/or 3D modeling.
- Demonstrated analytical problem solving abilities.
- Good communications skills.
- Team orientated coupled with a high level of enthusiasm and motivation.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office packages.
- Good working knowledge of medical device quality & regulatory systems and medical device directives.
- Knowledge of handling chemicals and hazardous materials.
For further information on this Research and Development Technician role in Mayo please contact Anthony Cummins on 091730022 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website ? www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval