Telephone: 086 8395533
Research and Development Temporary Technician Mayo
Our client, a medical device company in Mayo are currently looking to recruit a Research and Development Temporary Technician for their site.
The role involves working with Research and Development Scientists and Engineers, in the development of new technologies, products and/or processes. The successful candidate will be required to conduct material and product testing, and perform basic analysis of test data. The candidate will be capable of working well in a team environment as well as completing assigned tasks on time with little supervision. This temporary Technician position will be for a 6 month duration.
The successful candidate will have responsibilities for:
- Building prototypes and preparing test samples using a range of Lab equipment (e.g. weighing, sealing etc.) to facilitate concept development and product innovation.
- Organizing and managing trials on production equipment (e.g. coating, packaging & sterilization)
- Carrying out a range of tests as required (e.g. Water Content, Water Capacity, CoF, Dye Testing VDT, Instron tensile testing, weight measurements etc.)
- Conduct material and product testing in a methodical way to accurately capture the results of testing.
- Investigate and test new materials including competitor product testing
- Compiling data as well as reporting results in Microsoft Excel to the team.
- Academic/Credentials/Certifications (Not Required, but advantageous)
- National Diploma (Ordinary Degree Level 7) in a technical or scientific related discipline.
- Experience of VaPro manufacturing.
- Experience with testing of VaPro using standardised test methods.
Specialized skills/technical knowledge
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to test products and materials in a methodical and accurate way.
- Good communications skills.
- Team orientated coupled with a high level of enthusiasm and motivation.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
I look forward to hearing from you!
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website - www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval