Our client, a medical device company in Galway is currently looking to recruit Research Engineer for their site.
A research engineer position requires the candidate to have the ability to carry out high calibre research to investigate stroke pathology and its treatment in collaboration with established leaders in this research area. The role will provide the employee the opportunity to carry out fundamental research based in a fast-paced industry with a diverse and experienced team, while also participating in strong interactions with academic and clinical partners
- Embedded in a multidisciplinary group including R&D engineers and scientists, the candidate will be working on research into stroke pathology and therapy.
- Develop a deep understanding of disease states.
- Design and carry out in-vitro research into stroke treatment.
- Collaborate with clinicians and academic researchers.
- Communicate project progress and results.
- Develop and deliver project plans to performance, time and cost targets.
- Leverage and liaise with external resources to achieve project goals.
- Write project reports.
- Write and contribute to publications in peer reviewed journals and present at international conferences.
Behaviours & Skills:
- The candidate must be able to collaborate with researchers working on other topics in an international multidisciplinary team and be willing to travel to collaborators in several European locations.
- Strong work ethic, creative problem solving, capable of working on own initiative.
- Excellent writing, presentation, and verbal communication skills essential.
- Qualifications & Experience:
- PhD in Mechanical or Biomedical Engineering or equivalent. Relevant experience in the areas described in the key responsibilities above is preferred.
- Experience in biomechanical testing of biological tissue together with modelling and simulation with high performance computing is an advantage
For further information on this Research Engineer role in Galway please contact Bimi Felix on 086 8395533 / email@example.com
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – www.hero.ie
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.