Research & Technology Development Scientist
Job ID: JOB-12173
Senior Research & Technology Development Scientist
The successful candidate will have deep materials science experience and will be capable of utilizing the incumbent’s materials expertise and skills in the identification of new product ideas and the successful development of global continence care related product technologies. They will also have a deep understanding of polymers and polymer coating chemistry. The successful candidate will be capable of interfacing with senior management within the organization and to work with and support the Marketing organization for the successful completion of specific objectives.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Identifying material development opportunities and leading technology development projects. Technology development projects involve translation of customer needs into technology requirements that are then matched with viable solutions.
- Researching new technologies and developing them into solutions that drive new product platforms.
- Is the subject matter expert in polymers and polymer coatings from both a product design and process perspective.
- Providing technical support to New Product Development, Marketing, Engineering and Manufacturing.
- Managing project schedules, conducting product and project risk analysis and ensuring successful and timely completion of project activities.
- Preparing financial reports and/or justifications for financial authorization and effectively communicate same
- Reviewing vendors product offerings to access suitability
- Leading and driving technology development projects both as an individual contributor and as a project team leader.
- Identifying and Developing new technologies.
- Managing of timelines, budget and performance expectations for assigned technology development projects.
- Ensure the successful implementation of new technologies into commercial products.
- Sourcing/selecting materials and components and the evaluation of same
- Working with patent counsel to support patentability/infringement searches and preparation of patent application
Academic/Credentials/Certifications Minimum of Degree (Honors) in Chemistry or Materials/Polymer Science. A Masters or PhD in Chemistry or Material/Polymer Science is a distinct advantage. Length of experience Deg +8 years / Masters +6yrs / PhD +3 yrs relevant industry experience preferably in medical devices
Specialized skills/technical knowledge
- Deep knowledge of polymer materials including surface modifications and coating technologies
- Innovation/Creative Thinker – must have a demonstrated ability to conduct exploration of subject areas for novel concepts and approaches
- Experience dealing with medical personnel and reducing feedback to device concepts
- Demonstrated advanced analytical problem solving abilities
- Good organization and communications skills
- Good team skills a high level of enthusiasm and motivation
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office including MS Project
- Good working knowledge of medical device quality & regulatory systems and medical device directive
For further information on this role in please contact Ciaran Fahy on 087-4108620 or email@example.com
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – https://www.hero.ie/ Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval. Data can only be transferred outside of the EEA on the basis of standards contractual clauses, to a country for whom an adequacy decision has been given by the European Commission or where the express permission of the data subject has been given. You have supplied us with your personal data in the process of applying for a position. Our client company may have personnel outside of the EEA who will review you data. We will apply the appropriate criteria in respect of the data transfer depending on the location of those personnel.
Apply Now Job ID: JOB-11422 Cost Accountant Our client is recruiting for a permanent contract role in Drogheda. This role…
Apply Now Job ID: JOB-12208 Senior Training & Development Specialist We are looking to speak with experienced Senior Training &…
Apply Now Job ID: JOB-12141 HR Business Partner Finding the right company that aligns to your career aspirations and values…