Sales and Pricing Analyst
Our client, a company in Galway is currently looking to recruit a Sales and Pricing Analyst for their site.
What will I be doing
Analysis and Interpretation of Data
The candidate will be required to provide comprehensive and insightful Sales analysis, covering areas such as
- End customer analysis including pricing and segmental reporting (geographical, industry sector, product type, etc) as well as identifying trends and market changes
- Sales and Bookings reporting: by product type and family, and including profitability covering both Distributors and Direct Customers
- Competition: Identifying strengths, weaknesses, pricing & strategies
- Working closely with the Applications Engineering and Sales teams, this role will be the focal point for quote generation, as well as storage and recording of all quotations to direct and distributor customers. Specifically;
- Using the company's ERP system (JD Edwards) and the Salesforce CRM System to -
- Interpret quote generation data
- Using product cost data and defining sales price within agreed limits
- Generation of final quote to customer via Salesforce CRM
- Providing support internally and to the company's direct and distribution customers on any queries related to quotations and pricing.
- Price Book Management - updating existing price books and issuing new ones
- Manage discounting process via review and approval process within agreed limits
- Recording and analysis of competitor pricing information
- Managing profitability via regular analysis with inputs including coordination and impact of any raw material cost changes
- Work closely with Sales to help maximize forecast accuracy and to assist early identification of changes at customer or market level
- Provide a link between Sales, Supply Chain and Operations to ensure that changes in forecast and demand are communicated in a clear and timely manner to all key managers and departments
- Play a strong role in the development of the annual sales plan, as well as rolling quarterly forecasts
- Experience working in an environment that demands a very high level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Extensive and proven experience in data mining that includes an in-depth analytical output, focused on the implications to the business.
- 5+ years' experience working in a similar role within a sales or finance function that included regular customer contact and price management responsibilities.
- Excellent numerical skills, supported by a detailed knowledge of MS Excel, Word and Access. Experience in using a Business Intelligence package (e.g. Diver, Hyperion, Qlikview) would be a distinct advantage and experience of Salesforce CRM would be a benefit
- Education: Third level - qualification / Bachelor's degree in a Business Discipline.
For further information on this Sales and Pricing Analyst role in please contact Jenny Dore on 0860449371/ firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website - www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval